Might Mo Farah Be The GOAT?
“If Farah sweeps the 5k/10k at Worlds this year and the Olympics next year, it’s going to be very hard to say he isn’t the greatest track distance runner of all-time.”
“In terms of overall status, I’d put both Paul Tergat and (barely) Sileshi Sihine ahead of Farah. They didn’t win any WC or OG golds, but their losses came to the two runners who are truly up for discussion as GOAT. … Tergat was a superstar on every surface, winning 5 World Cross titles and 2 World Half golds and set WRs in the 10,000, the half marathon and the marathon. He ran faster than Farah has so far at every distance from 3,000 to the marathon (except the 2-mile, where Farah’s mark might be a teeny bit better than Tergat’s 3,000), and times definitely do matter. The stopwatch is the best standard for comparison across eras. … So far, Farah is nowhere near Geb and Bekele in terms of overall accomplishments.”
– Excerpt from a intra-company squabble between the LetsRun.com staff. British-born Jon Gault thinks Mo Farah is up for discussion as the GOAT. That thought outraged the rest of the staff, so much so that John Kellogg came out of hibernation to rip the idea to shreds. What do you think? MB: With 5 world titles and a WR, is Mo Farah the GOAT (Greatest of all-time)? We say yes…(and hell no).
- With 5 world titles and a WR, is Mo Farah the GOAT (Greatest of all-time)? We say yes...
- Lagat 7:37 for 3000 world indoor over 40 record.
- A Step in the Right Direction: USATF Acts Quickly and Reinstates Sisu Club XC Nats Video
- What runner do you most respect?
- Which elite runners would you be surprised to stroll the boards and who would you assume is on here daily?
- Nate Jenkins returns to Marathon
- Move over Wilt! Holy ****: Florida State frosh Xavier Rathan-Mayes scores 30 points, 26 in a row in last 4:38 of the game
- 2015 USA Indoor Women: Mom Alysia Montaño returns, can she take down Ajee Wilson?
- 2015 Men's USA Indoor meet is loaded - Who you got?