Quote Of The Day
“I’m a big fan of the marathon, and I run the marathon every year. … It’s a really special place for me. I love the Boston Marathon finish line and everything it represents. And it didn’t deserve to be covered by snow, so I shoveled it off. … I think it’s cool that a ton of people have gotten behind the idea and support the idea that the finish line isn’t just a strip of paint in the road, that it means so much more to us as a community of Boston and of runners. … I’m no hero, I’m just a nut who loves the marathon. The real heroes are the people who were out there clearing the streets and sidewalks, the [Boston Police Department], and the [Boston Fire Department] who risk their lives every day to keep people safe.”
– Boston bartender and runner Chris Laudani talking about why he took the time to go shovel off the Boston Marathon finish line during this week’s blizzard. A photo tweeted of Laudani went viral and there was a search via social media to identify him.
Super Hot on LetsRun: 3 Teams Break 4x800 World Record in One Race and Hoka One One NY/NJ Track Club Is Your New 4x800 World Record Holders
- Is mileage overrated? Brandon Johnson ran 1:43 on 50-60 mpw, 1:46 on 80 to 90?
- Al Michaels on Sports Broadcasting (Pay attention usatfTV, RunnerSpace, and Flotrack
- Sprint historians, how could the 2003 Paris World Champs be won in 10.07 and 20.30?
- Ole Classic - Gray 1'42.80 Solo from '92 Trials
- My wife just got a new hairstyle and it looks terrible........Should I tell her or lie????
- Why aren't planes equipped with huge parachutes?