Quote Of The Day
“Running, for Van, was not training or doing a sport. It was a way of being, a radical counter-culture for a chosen few. He didn’t coach a team or build training plans. He created a world of values and mystery, and invited you in. Those who crossed the threshold would be forever fundamentally changed.
Van’s world unlocked runners. How do you take an adolescent boy and convince him to run 80 miles per week? How do you create a band of brothers, willing to pour themselves out, day after day, under the hot sun? How do you take 20 or so young men from a small town in Tennessee and craft a team that is able to compete with the best teams in the nation? These are the things that Van did.”
– Jeff Edmonds in his eulogy for LRCer Van Townsend. LetsRun.com remembers Van here.
- RIP Van Townsend: Share Your Respects Here
- Pablo Solares runs 3:56.86 at Armory in race where 2nd place was 4:20!!
- Chris Derrick talks big: "I think I can run with anyone in the world."
- This Isn't Kenya: Maryland Parents Investigated by CPS for Letting 10 and 6 Year Olds Walk Home One Mile from School
- Man who threw rock off overpass that nearly killed Oregon's Molly Grabill is arraigned
- At last our dreams will become reality: Jeremy Wariner may open 2015 up at 800m!!! How fast (slow) will he go?