Quote Of The Day
“I don’t think it was so much the workouts as it was just a regular run. It was the only important thing I did all day. I kind of got in this really bad mindset of every run is (emphasizing) the training run, you know. And that’s not a good mindset to have because it works nice for a little bit, but then it kind of blows up in your face. … I was the one who was out there running my easy routes too hard. … Taking those easy days easy and understanding what that feels like again. That sounds crazy, but I really had to kind of re-teach myself what it feels like to run easy. I was just so crazy-focused all the time, because it was all I had to do. For me, it was the most important thing in the day. I was going to get every ounce of it that I could and that doesn’t work for forever.”
– Lisa Uhl talking about how she feels for her, having running being the singular focus in her life isn’t good. She says it drove her crazy and she started overtraining and ended up not enjoying her running anymore.
Super Hot on LetsRun: WTF HAPPENED TO MARY CAIN?
- Here are the cartoons that got 12 innocent people at Charlie Hebdo slaughtered
- Ritz wins Campaccio XC!!!
- USOC picking 2024 Summer Oly US Bid City. Who you got? I'll take Washington DC
- USATF Half Championship field
- Mo Farah w/ the Flu Again
- Is there any NFL player that could currently run a 4:30 mile?
- Seeking male perspective: what would you make of this weird/horrible dating experience?