Quote Of The Day
“Impeccable craftsmanship and sober restraint have been brought to bear on ‘Unbroken,’ Angelina Jolie‘s beautifully wrought but cumulatively underwhelming portrait of Louis Zamperini, the Olympic runner-turned-U.S. Air Force bombardier who spent 47 days lost at sea and more than two years as a prisoner of the Japanese military during WWII. In re-creating the nightmarish journey so harrowingly relayed in Laura Hillenbrand‘s biography, Jolie has achieved something by turns eminently respectable and respectful to a fault, maintaining an intimate, character-driven focus that, despite the skill of the filmmaking and another superb lead performance from Jack O’Connell, never fully roars to dramatic life. A bit embalmed in its own nobility, it’s an extraordinary story told in dutiful, unexceptional terms, the passionate commitment of all involved rarely achieving gut-level impact.”
- Running Christmas day?
- Who's Seeing Unbroken on Christmas?
- Are DI or DIII runners more likely to keep training post-collegiately?
- Who is the most talented runner in NOP?
- BREAKING: Ryan Hall to run LA marathon
- Insight into Grant Fisher's training: "For me, Grant Fisher is a sub-4:00 miler. I am 100% certain"
- Should The High Jump Be Changed?