Quote Of The Day
Blake Theroux: “There may have been a misconception, not so much now but in the past, that we don’t have any kicks, which is just dumb. The last 2K are hard for anyone. No matter how rested people might be because of the pace, fitness still plays a huge part in it.”
Jake Hurysz: “Yeah, people say we can’t run track. We had four guys under 8 minutes last year for 3,000m indoors. We’ve had guys run 3:40, 3:41, 3:42 for 1,500m. … [This year,] if we wind up in a 3,000m, to have us all break 7:50, something like that. I think that would silence a lot of the doubters, and it’s kind of a personal goal of mine to shut everyone up who says we can’t run track. That still eats away at me, and I think I’m not the only one who has that goal.”
– Colorado’s Blake Theroux and Jake Hurysz talking about how their team has a reputation for just being strong at XC and not having good kicks or as track performances. They want to change that perception in 2015.
- High mileage for a mid distance runners?
- Where Does Louie Zamperini Rank?
- How does an average joe get EPO?
- A college coach told me that I need to run 20:00 for 4 miles to try out. Is this realistic for me?
- what's everyone's resting heart rate?
- What's the origin of tracks being run counter clockwise?
- Are Color Runs Just Too Competitive for You? Don't Worry, An Alternative Exists...