Quote Of The Day
“I love them both, but you know Kenenisa [Bekele] is maybe more challenging. You look at his strength – his strength is being silent. So we had to use that strength and market him as the secret guy. Haile [Gebrselassie] gets energy from talking with you. Kenenisa loses energy. For Haile a press conference is fun, to meet people in the street is exciting. It’s like he’s taking your energy. With Kenenisa, he gives you his energy and is like, bleh.”
– Top running agent Jos Hermens talking about the difference between two of his greatest clients ever, Kenenisa Bekele and Haile Gebrselassie. Hermens said that Chicago was a “good wake-up call” for Bekele and made him realize he needed to train for the marathon differently.
Super Hot on LetsRun: 3 Teams Break 4x800 World Record in One Race and Hoka One One NY/NJ Track Club Is Your New 4x800 World Record Holders
- Congratulations to Ron Hill -- 50 Years of Daily Running
- Rita Jeptoo's B sample confirms positive doping test
- Ever ask a woman to marry you and been turned down? What happened?
- Why don't horses and greyhounds run on synthetic tracks?
- EA Sports Cross Country Video Game
- A defense of Stephanie Hightower's selection by the USATF board