Quote Of The Day
“I compare it to a fog lifting. I realized I probably wasn’t going to be too excited to look back in 10 years and see I dedicated my entire young adult life to a sport. … The only reason I kept my grades up was to continue to run. … It’s really difficult for a lot of guys just because of the culture we live in, the sports culture of when you walk away from a sport it’s kind of like you’re failing. There’s a lot more to life than just running. Some guys are going to have a professional career, but walking away from a sport isn’t admitting failure. It’s not. It’s enjoying it for a period of your life and moving on from there.”
– Kenny Cormier, who 10 years ago today won the Foot Locker National Championship. Arkansas coach John McDonnell said, “He had it all – the head, the body” yet three years later he was out of the sport completely and soon in the Marines as a sniper. Where is he today? This is his story.
Super Hot on LetsRun: 3 Teams Break 4x800 World Record in One Race and Hoka One One NY/NJ Track Club Is Your New 4x800 World Record Holders
- IOC in Talks, Pondering to Remove 10k/200m from Olympics
- Chris Barnicle Cannabis User
- Advice for Overnight Layover in Mexico City Airport
- LeBron James Criticized for Touching Kate Middleton
- Eritrean Tewelde beats Dennis Kimetto in an Fayetteville-Manlius jersey?
- Sign petition to save UNCW track and field program here - Program is set to be axed.