Quote Of The Day
“You must dope. That’s how it is done in Russia. The officials and coaches clearly say by using natural ability you can only do so well. To get medals you need help. … There were times in RUSADA when I heard people from the ministry, from anti-doping department would call to RUSADA and wanted to see who the athlete is, who has the positive sample and if it’s a no-name, then the sample is positive, if it is someone famous or someone young and medal-hopeful, then it is a mistake and it is not reported … I clearly could see that officials try to make sure that some athletes are not being tested.”
– Former Russian Anti-Doping Agency (RUSADA) employee and husband of a banned 800m runner, Vitaliy Stepanov, talking in a German documentary on a massive Russian doping scandal. The documentary includes scathing allegations against RUSADA, Olympic 800 champ Mariya Savinova, banned marathoner Liliya Shobukhova and even the treasurer of the IAAF.
Super Hot on LetsRun: Official 2018 Pre Classic Discussion Thread
- Another Huge Russian Doping Scandal - 2011 World, 2012 Olympic champ Mariya Savinova implicated + IAAF treasurer
- 2014 USATF National Club XC, NIKE BTC team to beat
- Who do you WANT to see win Footlocker?
- Really? NYTimes: "Even Tylenol has been shown to boost endurance performance by 2 percent."
- Young man (23) dating an older woman (35)
- Interested in my running but not elite competitors