Now That Doping Isn't An Option
“The results of the recent European athletics championships in Zurich, where Great Britain and France dominated the event, leave us no other choice.
Black athletes, who form the backbone of the British team, won 14 of their squad’s 23 overall medals at the event.”
“Meanwhile, we’re currently doing almost nothing to bring young black talents into our squad to help us stay at a leading position in Europe and the world.”
– Valentin Balakhnichev, the president of the Russian Athletics Federation, talking to the Russian newspaper Novye Izvestia about how he thinks Russia is doomed for failure unless they start getting scores of naturalized black citizens. Discuss this topic in our forum: Russian Athletics Head – We’re doomed for failure unless we get more black athletes.
Super Hot on LetsRun: WTF HAPPENED TO MARY CAIN?
- How to get my kid to stop apologizing for running cross country
- Russian Athletics Head - We're doomed for failure unless we get more black athletes
- 2014 new york marathon elite field
- Wallace Spearmon to make statement "that will disappoint quite a few people." Predictions?
- How many other older runners on here regret not training for sub-4?
- The Most Beautiful Place You've Ever Been
- PROOF that letsrunners are in the 1%