Quote Of The Day
“I went to pick [my dad] up at the airport and I was driving. He could not understand what was happening and although he did not ask, I laughed inside me as I could see my dad trying to figure out how I could drive yet I had no feet.”
“… People ask me what inspired me to recover in such a short time and I tell them that we all have challenges of one nature or another and the important thing is to turn these challenges into opportunities. It’s not about what you had, but what you have now. I’m soon completing graduate school and there is absolutely nothing that I did with my feet that I cannot do now.”
– Former University of Alaska-Anchorage runner Marko Cheseto, who now runs on prosthetics after having his legs amputated three years ago as a result of being lost in a snowstorm for three days. In January he received his “Cheetah” sprinting legs and has already got his 400 time down to 50 seconds with the goal of making Kenya’s team for the 2016 Paralympics in Rio.
- Genevieve LaCaze stage bombs Kylie Minogue at the closing ceremony of the Glasgow Commonwealth Games
- Could Nijel Amos eventually get the 800 WR?
- Gemma Steel called Jordan Hasay "the little girl"
- Amantle Montsho tested positive!
- Lynsey Sharp gets silver after vomiting and IV drip, interesting anti-doping angle
- Longest Run in High School?
- Would Galen Rupp look more intimidating with a tattoo?