Quote Of The Day
“Yeah. I just believe that had Boston been a Berlin or a Chicago course, I would have run that kind of time (sub-2:20). … I feel like I’m grooming myself to be a world-class marathoner. I feel like I am becoming a true marathoner. That’s what I want. It doesn’t mean I won’t go back to the track or other races, but my big-picture goals for the rest of my career are the marathon. I think I have a little bit more self-belief.”
” … If you had asked me when I ran my first marathon if I would ever have a goal of breaking Deena’s record, I don’t know if I would say yes, because I wanted back then to get on the podium and win races, which is very important but I have changed my goals and want to be more aggressive with the marathon. I want to chase faster times. I think Boston gave me the confidence that I am evolving into a better marathon which lets me have bigger aspirations.”
– Shalane Flanagan talking about the confidence she got from her 2:22:02 in Boston this year and her goal of going sub-2:20 and getting Deena Kastor‘s 2:19:26 American record this fall.
Super Hot on LetsRun: Official 2018 Pre Classic Discussion Thread
- Leer 3:51 mile
- JORDAN HASAY with 3-sec PR over 1500m
- Lagat 13:27.08 is this it for him?
- DOWN GOES LAGAT... to Cam Levins over 5000m!!!
- Most significant person ever to post on letsrun?
- Morton Games: Dunbar 7:45, Huddle 4:26
- RunnersWorld defines the "average runner". - Thoughts?
- Is Jenny Simpson Changing the Women's 1500?