You Only Have One First Time
“Usually it’s not in our policy to have the best marathon runners. We are more focused on the mass, the 49,999 people running, except for a Bekele. But we had the opportunity to have him for his first marathon, and you only have one first time, and so it was a great opportunity and that is why we decided to change our policy.”
- Paris Marathon race director Thibault Vellard, talking to the New York Times, which devoted 1,264 words to Bekele’s marathon debut tomorrow in Paris.
Super Hot on LetsRun: Cheating at Marathons
- Abbey D watch out - Texas' Marielle Hall wins Stanford 5k in 15:19 over Alisha Williams!!!
- NCAA 200 runner-up Dedric Dukes runs 19.97 into headwind at Florida Relays
- K. Bekele ran up to 150 miles /week for his marathon debut in Paris on Sunday
- Breaking -- Nike supports athletes right to organize -- announcement coming