Quote Of The Day
“Like any agency with too thin a budget and too broad a portfolio, USA Track & Field has become a prisoner of its own constitution.¬† Irrespective of who has sat as head of the organization, USATF has been unable to extract itself from the knot of futility and frustration defined by its own internal inconsistencies. Without a common goal to bind its component parts, each discipline finds itself competing for limited resources, constraining the growth of any in the process. …”
“… Consider if Little League Baseball, Slow Pitch Softball, Wiffle Ball and Major League Baseball all came under the same organizational umbrella, with MLB having no standing, more or less, than any other component.¬† What odds of success would you offer that arrangement? …¬†What has become abundantly clear is that this one-size-fits-all organizational model, while well intentioned, is over-burdened, under-funded, and simply a vestigial relic of a time now passed.”
–¬†Toni Reavis¬†suggesting that the problems with USATF may stem from the fact that it is too large for its own good as it is responsible for everything from professional track and field to youth events to mountain/trail racing.
- What would happen if Ryan Hall actually won Boston?
- K. Bekele ran up to 150 miles /week for his marathon debut in Paris on Sunday
- Breaking -- Nike supports athletes right to organize -- announcement coming
- Another Marathon Cheater?
- My roommate claims to be a direct descendant of George Washington. I think he's full of it. Should I call him on it?
- Ritzenhein is officially a Duck!!!