Quote Of The Day
“The appeal was ruled unanimously in our favor twice and they said everything was done. They (USATF) said there were no more appeals to be done. We were actually leaving the place and as we were leaving I looked over at the curtains where the (Jury of Appeals) was and I saw Alberto sticking his head through the curtains, talking to them. So I went back to the table and I said, ‘So we’re good?’ And they said, ‘Yeah, we’re good. There is absolutely no evidence there was a foul based on our findings. It’s done.’
But I thought, ‘This doesn’t look good’ as there were a few other Nike people starting to congregate around the curtains. So I decided I’d just hang out for a little while and then all of a sudden one of the Nike guys started writing another appeal and I said “Based on the rule book, it says no other appeals can be made (once the Jury of Appeals rules). The decision is final unless there is new evidence. But they said, ‘Well, there is new evidence.’
What they say (now is there was) is enhanced video – well, that’s total bs. The Eagle Eye guys said to me it was the exact same footage they had played twice before that they used before to rule on our behalf. Now they are digging in to protect themselves and saying what they need to say to protect the company line.”
- Team USA Minnesota coach Dennis Barker, also the coach of Gabriele Grunewald, talking about this weekend’s DQ of Grunewald, which isn’t 100% in the books yet as arbitration was submitted Sunday night.
Super Hot on LetsRun: Forgive my ignorance, but who WAS coaching Bekele all these years?
- Will Leer is officially the new Pre: "I think it (the DQ) is a disgrace. USTATF needs to get their act together"
- This is why Jordan Hasay should give up her spot
- Women's 1500m walk-off
- Un-freaking-believeable what Nike pulled to get Hasay to worlds
- Salazar, I hope you're happy......
- Post-race day 1 USA Indoor drama: Nike coaches Alberto Salazar and Jerry Schumacher have to be physically restrained
- Galen Rupp's Post USAs Workout
- Cain: "I trust USA Track and Field"