Quote Of The Day
“(I’m) feeling generally happy & liberated and comfortable in my own skin. Shame is not something I feel and I am a better person today because of my experiences. I don’t want to paint an unrealistic picture, however. It’s easy to get dolled up, with perfect lighting and a wonderful photographer, and everything looks peachy. While I try to paint a picture that I’m doing well, there are still dark days, and moments. Living with mental illness is a challenge to say the least. … So life is pretty good I’m still not prepared to disclose my diagnosis or tell my story. That will happen in time, and those who have asked me to speak have generally been very respectful of my wishes. Thank you for your unwavering support as it has helped me tremendously in my journey to get healthy and in a good place in life. It’s therapeutic to post on Twitter and Facebook and the support only reminds me that I’m not alone and/or there are plenty of people out there who have my back xo, Suzy …”
– Suzy Favor Hamilton, the fastest non-cheating 1,500 woman in US history, posting on Facebook as she starts to re-emerge after last year’s scandal. Hamilton will soon be running the LA marathon as a leader of a charity team.
MB: She’s back – Suzy Favor Hamilton returning to running as head of LA marathon charity team
MB: She really is back: Suzy Favor Hamilton posts new facebook photo & blog post
- LOVE YOU ALAN appreciation thread
- Video of El G 7:23 3000m
- Which College XC/Track Teams Party the Hardest?
- Galen Rupp allowed to run on BU track with no shirt on, Allistar Craig & Kip Litton allowed in Boston Marathon w/o BQ
- Rupp is the runner Prefontaine dreamed of being.
- What's your most memorable Seinfeld Quote?
- Craig Virgin and Fam have interesting comments on Rupp and NOPe
- Pete Carroll is apparently a 9/11 truther