Quote Of The Day
“Let’s deal with the sentimental matters first. I love our elite athletes. … they really work hard for these victories – waking up at the crack of dawn, making runs that would tire a race horse and sticking on a strict diet that would shock an anorexic person, in order to become the mean gold medal-minting machines that they are.”
” … [However,] I find it very selfish for a group of athletes, most likely making millions of shillings every year from their God-given talent of running, demanding exemption from paying taxes because they bring honour to this country. … I suppose the athletes can stop running for Kenya. They can even go further and stop running altogether to deny the taxman his dues, or just pay their taxes.”
– Kenyan journalist Charles Nyende calling the athletes complaining about paying taxes on their prize money selfish. He says they should pay their taxes like all the teachers, doctors, policemen and everyone else whose profession helps the country.
- Bernard Lagat wins and Brits play "Born in USA" on speakers - Cram corrects them
- Galen finished post AR workout with 4:01.6
- When will Mary Cain reach the peak of her career?
- Could Mary Cain Go Sub 4???
- Kim Conley 4:24.54 for the full mile at the NB Games
- Duane Solomon FTW over Eric Sowinski in 1:16.67 - Webb third in 1:17.79
- In Boston Jordan Hasay - ran 4:28.37 PR and #9 all time US