Quote Of The Day
“The doping issue that we face right now in in the sport is not a one country problem, a one person problem. It’s (a problem f0r) the entirety of the nations that love sport. And all of us have to come up with a voice and joint venture to over come this obstacle.”
“What is happening right now is s a very good start – especially when we move away from thinking about time. The problem that we’ve had ….is the issue of time. The issue of the under 2 hour marathon – that is the problem. When you put that pressure on an athlete, (you end up with doping problems). Running 2:03, running 2:02, running 2:01 it is super human and we have very few super humans who can run that time.”
“And when you have a kid that is just starting to race and their mind is that to make it and become successful as a runner that they have to run those times, then you are causing them do something that is not acceptable.”
“We need to go back to the past, to the sport that we all love – to the sport we all love of competition and giving everyone an opportunity to win and become successful in the sport. When you do that, then you will over come this (doping) obstacle.”
–Wesley Korir making an interesting point before the 2015 Bank of American Chicago Marathon. The pre-race media day was full of interesting points like this and we’ve come up with 13 more which we recap in nearly 3,000 words. (Link will go live once editor reads it)
- Let's Run Research: How many mpw do you run and how many hrs/night do you sleep?
- German professor DESTROYS the idiocy behind "rock paper scissors"
- Dogs: How far can you go protecting yourself from attacks while running without getting arrested?
- Doper Liza Hunter-Galvan running Chicago Marathon but won't be winning prize money thanks to a LRC poster
- How many miles would Mo Farah have to run consecutively for you to beat him in a mile?
- Its Time Again for the Annual Letsrun HAIKU Contest