Quote Of The Day
“Certainly having that cardiovascular base helps immensely, already knowing that given a few training sessions you can easily go out and probably run a marathon. The catch is, of course, that just because you could finish one doesn’t necessarily make you, a) fast – not all cross-country skiers cross over well into running – and b) in cross-country skiing, you’re used to going out, uphill, as hard as you can and then recovering. Obviously, in a marathon if you go and burn it in the first three miles, you’re not coming back. That’s going to be the challenge.”
- Olympic Nordic (cross-country) ski champion Bill Demong talking about making his marathon debut at the 2014 NYC Marathon on November 2nd. For ski training, Demong routinely does workouts that are 3-5 hours long, but will that aerobic fitness get him to his goal of 2:36?
- Pistorius gets 5 years
- What did you do / change in your training before your biggest breakthrough?
- Workouts Indicating 2:25 Marathon?
- Youngest man to beat his age at 400m?
- Where does D3 #1 NCC finish in D1 or D2?
- 28 years old and feeling washed up/past my peak...racing is harder/getting in shape is harder