Sad News, But A Great Way To Go Out: Oldest Women's Finisher At 2013 New York City Marathon, Joy Johnson, Dies Day After Race After Falling At Mile 20 Johnson refused to go the hospital, kept going, finished, and did the Today show the next day and then died in her sleep that night. She always wanted to die running, so she went out doing what she loved.
*Geoffrey Mutai Talks To Sean Hartnett Day After 2013 New York Marathon Win (Video)
*Meet The One Millionth New York City Marathon Finisher Julissa Sarabia ran 5:19:47.
*Runner With Down Syndrome Becomes First To Fnish NYC Marathon
- Time To Get Excited: 1st-Ever IAAF World Relays Is In 200 Days The events are 4 x 100m, 4 x 200m, 4 x 400m, 4 x 800m and 4 x 1,500m. We are most excited by the 4 x 800.
- 2013 IAAF Athletes Of The Year Women 's Finalists Are Valerie Adams, Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce And Zuzana Hejnova
- January 25th Indoor Meet: Scotland To Take On GB & NI, USA And Commonwealth Select In Team Competition
- USATF Officially Announces Portland As US Bid For 2016 World Indoor Champs The British city of Birmingham is the only other city known to
be preparing a bid. If Portland wins, it will only be the second time the US has hosted World Indoors (the first was in Indianapolis in 1987).
*USATF Press Release
IAAF Athlete Of The Year Men's News From Day Before
Usain Bolt, Mo Farah And Bohdan Bondarenko Named Finalists For IAAF World Athlete Of The Year Award The winner will be chosen at the 2013 World Athletics Gala in Monaco on November 16th.
New York *Men's Results *Women's Results *LRC Photo Gallery
Men: LRC Ten Takeaways About The 2013 ING New York City Marathon Men's Race And Geoffrey Mutai We start by asking
just how good was Mutai before telling you about the happiest second place finisher ever, tell you that Ryan Vail has a lot to be proud of, Meb Keflezighi impressed us immensely even though he finished
20th 23rd, who had the biggest breakthrough, and a reminder to Stanley Biwott that the marathon is more than 26 miles, not 23.
*LRC Meb Keflezighi on Finishing: "I'm doing (it) for Boston and for what happened and I'm doing it for America." Text/video.
Race Recap: Man Among Boys, Geoffrey Mutai Wins NYC Marathon RRW Geoffrey Mutai pulled way from Stanley Biwott in the 23rd mile and then cruised to an impressive victory. Tsegaye Kebede was second and picked up the $500,000 WMM crown. Ryan Vail was the top American. *Results *LRC Photo Gallery
NYC On The Boards:
- Official 2013 ING New York City Marathon Live Discussion Thread
- PRISCAH JEPTOO --- GOAT!!!
- TRACKING PAMELA ANDERSON!
- 6 American men finish before Jeptoo @NYCM
- Ryan Hall made the right decision to DNS
- Stephen Kiprotich is a fluke, he cannot run with the big boys
- The Current State of U.S. Marathoning
- Official John Kellogg Is a Lucky Guesser Thread (He Predicted Over 2:10 at New York)
Non-LRC NYC Coverage
- Celebrity Results From NYC: Former "Bachelor" Andy Baldwin (3:17) And Former Olympic Champion Swimmer Summer Sanders (3:24) Led The Way Pamela Anderson ran 5:41.
- JapanRunningNews Recap Of Japanese Performances From NYC: Masato Imai Was 6th, Yuki Kawauchi 11th Imai ran a good race running with the lead pack, fading, and then coming back to finish 6th. Kawauchi said, "The atmosphere was amazing too. The screaming crowds put Tokyo to shame."
- South Africa's Lusapho April Runs Solid Race To Finish 3rd At NYC In 2:09:45
- NYC The Israel Of Marathon Security? NY Times: Mixed Feelings From Runners On Extra Security Measures At NYC One runner said for them, "It wasn't a bother at all. But that's only because I'm from Israel."
- NY Times Men's Recap: Mutai Bides His Time For A Repeat Victory
- NY Times Women's Recap: Jeptoo Wins In A Sprint From Behind
- IAAF Recap
- Tatyana McFadden Completes Wheelchair Marathon Grand Slam Winning NYC, Chicago, London And Boston In A Single Year
MB: Official 2013 ING New York City Marathon Live Discussion Thread
LRC Predictions: You Heard It Here First, NYC Will Be Slow LRC coaching genius, John Kellogg, who predicted the 2:03 in Boston in 2011, has seen the forecast for NY and says the winning time could be over 2:10. We still expect the favorites Geoffrey Mutai and Priscah Jeptoo to triumph.
More: *NY Times Article On Yuki Kawauchi: "Japanese Civil Servant Runs Marathon for Fun, Not Profit"
Previous NYC News
Friday: LRC On Comeback From Soleus Tear, American Meb Keflezighi Hoping To Defy Doubters Yet Again Meb revealed today he partially tore his soleus in early
He nearly pulled out, but America's best hope has really had things turn around the last few weeks and will go into NY not tapered as he's been playing
*Meb: "I'm going to play year to year but this is not going to be my last marathon. If I can run within my PR, why stop?"
LRC Teammates Alisha Williams And Mattie Suver Hoping For Low 2:30s The Scott Simmons-coached athletes think they are ready.
LRC American Ryan Vail Ready To Take Next Step Forwards After Six Weeks Over 140 MPW On Average The former Okla. State Cowboy also talks NCAA XC action, giving props to the CU Buffs and NAU Lumberjacks.
LRC Edna Kiplagat And Priscah Jeptoo Are Both Ready To Battle For $600,000 Two-time World Champion Edna Kiplagat and Virgin London Marathon Champ Priscah Jeptoo are the favorites for the 2013 ING NYC Marathon and both said Friday they are ready for their $500,000 battle on Sunday.
LRC Training Partners Kim Smith And Amy Hastings Talk Confidently - Smith Says Hastings Is At New Level In 2013 Amy Hastings has upped her training and can hang with training partner Kim Smith now. Both hope that means for a strong result on Sunday.
LRC Catching Up With Europe's Leading Women Entrants: Lisa Stublic Of Croatia, Sabrina Mockenhaupt Of Germany And Portugal's Ana Dulce Félix Mockenhaupt is thrilled to be in NY as she loves Americans, whom she calls "crazy" but in a great way; Dulce Félix reveals she's trying to overcome the sudden death of her father, and Stublic hopes she can PR yet again.
NYRR Dash To The Finish Line Video Interviews: *LRC Evan Jager Talks about his 2013 season and 2014.
*LRC Chris Derrick Reflects On His 2013 Track And Cross-Country Season Derrick looks back at 2013, looks ahead to 2014 (sub-13:00 and sub-27:00 are on the horizon), and talks about German Fernandez, Alan Webb and you LRC message boarders.
*LRC Nick Willis Talks about World Speed Golf, running the 5k at Commonwealths and a marathon debut? *LRC Ben True On His 2013 "Almost Year" Before 2013 NYRR Dash To The Finish Line
*LRC Lisa Uhl Talks about her move to Iowa being the right choice despite a subpar 2012 and her marathon debut. *LRC Sara Hall Talks about a possible marathon debut, Ryan Hall and more.
Non-LRC NYC Coverage
- Recommended Read: NYRR Piece On Kenya's 1:01 Half Marathoner Julius Arile, Who Has Come A Long Way Since He First Went Across The Uganda Border With An AK-47 To Steal Cows When He Was 14 Arile spent his whole life living on the violent Kenya-Uganda border where both sides consistently went across the border to steal from and kill each other. One day his friend died standing right next to him and Arile changed his life and has helped bring peace to his region.
- NYC Conspiracy? Husband Of 1989 NYC Champ Ingrid Kristiansen Accuses Organizers Of Not Inviting Her To Ensure Grete Waitz's Continued Success Waitz, who died in 2011, captured a record nine marathon titles, from 1978 through 1988, until Kristiansen's win in 1989. NYC organizers deny that there was ever any kind of plot.
- Interesting: Former All-American And Hansons Runner Jeff Gaudette Shares Some "Lessons Learned From Ryan Hall's NYC Marathon Withdrawal" Gaudette talks about the mistakes he feels Hall has made in training that has gotten him injured and how you can apply the lessons to your own training.
- Recommended Read: NY Times Feature On NY's West Side Runners: Marathon As Melting Pot - Striving Immigrants Find Long Distance Running Far From Lonely In NYC Feeling proud of yourself for doubling? Did you do your first run at 4:30am before working all day as a plumber?
*MB: Great New York Times article on New York's West Side Runners - The Ultimate Blue Collar Runners
Doping News: Another Argument For Lifetime Bans
- +1 For Lifetime Bans: New Research Suggests Athletes Who Use Steroids For A Short Period Can Benefit Even 10 Years Later Researchers tested on mice and found they had huge strength gains long after stopping the steroid treatment. University of Oslo professor Kristian Gundersen said, "In science if you cheat, you are out for life, and my personal view is that it should be similar for athletes."
- Kenya: Kenyan Doping Issue Coming Under Scrutiny And Could Be Investigated Or Ruled Non-Compliant By WADA
It's been over a year and the special committee set up by Kenya's sports bodies to look into Kenyan doping hasn't even met once. Meanwhile,
WADA has set a deadline of November for a report on their progress. Article also mentions that plans to build a blood testing lab in Eldoret
have been scrapped.
*Kenyan Commissioner For Sports Says They Are Taking Doping Allegations Very Seriously He claimed an inquiry into the country's doping scandals was only awaiting legal authority by the government before starting. Apparently it takes over a year for the government to approve something in Kenya.
*The Guardian Lists The 17 Kenyan Distance Runners Currently Serving Drug Suspensions Highlighting the list is Matthew Kisorio, who infamously said he doped "because everyone told me, I wasn't the only one - and none of the others got caught for doping."
- Jamaica: Jamaican Sports Minister Says They Are Determined To Improve Their Anti-Doping Program After 2-Day WADA Inspection Natalie Neita-Headley said that the WADA visit was "constructive" and that the government awaits their report.
*Results From WADA's Audit Of JADCO Will Be Revealed Mid-November At The Earliest The three WADA officials left Jamaica yesterday.
*Video: World Anti-Doping Agency Delegation Arrives In Jamaica
Not Your Everyday Reads
- A Very Provocative Interview With Anthony Famiglietti By RML: Meet Fam
*MB: Thyroid drug cocktails = doping?
- Kentucky HS XC Runner Refuses To Run Regionals After Being Given Bib # "666"
- British Players' Union For Elite Footballers, Rugby Players And Cricketers Calls In Lawyers To Fight WADA's "Barbaric" Sanctions For Recreational Drug Use We 100% support them. WADA shouldn't even test to see if athletes use cannabis. If they are going to do morale police, why not ban people for extramarital affairs?
- Q&A With Former Canadian Star Bruce Kidd - The Guy Who Did One Workout Too Many In 1964 According To Lydiard Kidd may not have won Olympic gold, but he did win 19 Canadian titles and is a great human who worked to end Apartheid, racism and sexism.
- Remembering Minnesota Masters Legend Dr. William Andberg
- Phil Hersh Gets You Ready With 10 Facts You Should Know About Upcoming Winter Games, Including Fact That Lauryn Williams Is Doing Well In Bobsled
News From Kenya
- Asbel Kiprop Will Not Do 2014 Commonwealth Games - Decries Rise In Prices Of Land In Kenya Apparently the athletes from the '90s are ripping today's young athletes for not having a lot of investments to show for their winnings, but Kiprop says it's impossible to buy land any more.
- Dennis Kimetto Hoping To Run Boston In Spring Then Go For WR In Berlin Next Year
- Kass Marathon In Kenya Will Educate Athletes On Dangers Of Doping To be balanced, maybe they should have Lance Armstrong or ARod talk about the 9-figure advantages of doping.
- Soccer's World Cup Trophy Will Be In Kenya In 3 Weeks
Post-NYC / Distance News: Dennis Kimetto Says Chicago Was A Missed WR Opportunity
- Dennis Kimetto Says He Missed An Opportunity At The WR In Chicago, Where He Ran 2:03:45 (link fixed) Kimetto: "To be honest, I was not aware I was in world record pace since no one told us and there was no lead car ahead of us. ... at the end of the race, I had so much energy and when I looked at the clock at the end, I knew a huge chance had passed."
- 16-Year-Old Marathoner Alana Hadley "Turns Pro" She accepted the prize money she won at the Monumental Marathon this weekend.
- Geoffrey Mutai And Priscah Jeptoo Call NYC Their Toughest Wins Ever Jeptoo: "For me, I can say it was a tough race of all the marathons that I've run because those two ladies took off fast."
- Record 50,304 Runners Finished At The NYC Marathon
- A Record Number Of New Yorkers Watch Marathon Weekend On Abc7
- Ireland's 2-Time Euro XC Champ Fionnuala Britton Wins Lotto Crosscup XC Race In Belgium
NYC Women *Men's Results *Women's Results *LRC Photo Gallery
Women: LRC 6 Takeaways From The Fascinating Women's Race Big props to runner-up Buzunesh Deba, an awful day for the Americans and - most importantly - did a mysterious man on a bicycle
save the day for Priscah Jeptoo, who is the greatest women's distance runner in the world right now?
Race Recap Priscah Jeptoo Comes From Behind For $625,000 Victory RRW 14 miles into the race, Priscah Jeptoo was 3:24 behind 2011 runner-up Buzunesh Deba. Jeptoo had to catch her if she wanted to win $600,000. She did it in impressive fashion as Deba held on for second. Top results. Adriana Nelson was the top American. *Results
- NY Post Looks At Interesting Facts From Usain Bolt's Autobiography Bolt talks about how he ate 1,000 Chicken McNuggets in Beijing, had a "don't ask, don't tell" relationship with his first girlfriend and how an official threatened to DQ him after the 4 x 100 in London for keeping his baton.
- Chinese Olympic Champion Hurdler Liu Xiang Mocked For Dressing In Red Army Uniform
- Track And Field Tickets For Commonwealth Games Almost Sold Out
- Mary Cain Named Track And Field News' High School Girls Athlete Of The Year For 2013
- Hammer Thrower Rudy Winkler Named Track And Field News' High School Boys Athlete Of The Year For 2013 Winkler set national records at both the high school (260-5) and junior (249-0) levels and is now a freshman at Cornell.
- American Master Runner Charles Allie Named Best Masters Athlete Of The Year By World Masters Athletics Allie set M65 World records in the 200 (24.65) and 400m (56.09).
*LRC Photo Gallery link fixed
NYRR Dash To The Finish Line 5k *Women's Results/Finish/Post-Race Video *Men's Results/Finish/Post-Race Video LRC Photo Gallery
LRC Nick Willis Over Sam Chelanga, Aaron Braun link fixed
Nick Willis showed he's pretty good at 5k with a big kick the final 800m to get the win over Ben True's new training partner Sam Chelanga and Aaron Braun. Recap, results, post-race video.
LRC Chris Solinsky's Still Got The Fire After His 14th Place Finish: "It's Embarrassing" ... "It Was Really Bad" ... "A Shit Performance" Video and text.
LRC Molly Huddle Over Emily Infeld & Shalane Flanagan updated Molly Huddle got the best of Jerry Schumacher-coached athletes Emily Infeld and Shalane Flanagan as she won in course record time. Recap, results, post-race video.
LRC Photo Gallery
Other Weekend Results
- James Kwambai Runs 2:06:25 To Win The Joongang Seoul Marathon For 3rd Year Straight Park Ho-Sun won the women's race in 2:31.
- "Little-Known" Silas Kimutai And 2006 World Junior 5K Silver Medalist Marcy Wacera Win Races At Opening Leg Of KCB/Athletics Kenya Cross-Country Series In Nairobi
- Komazawa University Wins Third-Straight National University Men's Ekiden Title
- Fukuoka Team Takes Second-Straight Grand Tour Kyushu Ekiden Title To Bring Its 62-Year History To A Close
More Friday NYC
LRC Geoffrey Mutai Has Answers For All Of You Who Say You Can't Run A 2:03 Marathon Clean LRC asked Geoffrey what he would tell people who say it's not possible to run 2:03 clean. He had a good answer. Video and text.
LRC Ageless Veteran Martin Lel Is Back In New York 10 Years After His First NY Victory Lel's body of work in the early part of the decade was amazing. He's still hoping to win on Sunday in his second race of the year.
*NYRR: Healthy Martin Lel Hopes To Recapture Youth In NYC; Says He "Can't Predict Anymore" If He Can Win
LRC Yuki Kawauchi, The Citizen Runner, Invades The 2013 New York City Marathon: Five Takeaways This is the 9th of 11 marathons for Yuki in 2013 and we no longer think his racing is quite as crazy as we once did.
*Brett Larner's Japanese NYC Preview Kawauchi says he wants to beat Meb.
Day 2 Media Day
LRC Tsegaye Kebede is Confident: "I think the money is mine. Nobody will take it." We really enjoyed talking to Kebede, one of the most consistent marathoners in history, who was full
and confident he'll win the
$500,000 jackpot on Sunday.
LRC: Stephen Kiprotich: "I Can't Run 2:03" - Kiprotich Video Before 2013 ING New York City Marathon Plus he reveals he didn't want to initially run the World Champs, but the Ugandan federation encouraged him and he walked away with Gold.
*Stephen Kiprotich Happy To Have Uganda Training Partner Jackson Kiprop In NYC With HIm Kiprop ran with Kiprotich for a while in Moscow before fading to 10th place.
RRW: Stephen Kiprotich, Tsegaye Kebede Ready To Duel For World Marathon Majors Title
LRC Wesley Korir: Marathon Champion, Member Of Parliament, Humanitarian Korir's learned a lot from the US and has taken it back home to Kenya, where he wants to try to stop the corruption and fat cats. Also, read this if you want to run just 40 mpw and get 5th at the Boston marathon.
*USA Today: Wesley Korir Mixes Running And Politics To Work Against Terrorism
Thursday Video: LRC Stephen Kiprotich The Olympic champ didn't want to run Worlds but the federation urged him to. He left with a gold medal.
*LRC Wesley Korir The Kenyan member of Parliament gets paid $10k a month to be in Parliament. More coming from Wesley and Stephen. *LRC Tsegaye Kebede
Ashton Eaton Plans On Defending His World Indoor Heptathlon Title It will be Eaton's only combined events competition of the year as he focuses on individual events such as trying to do 400 hurdles.
Day 1 Media Day
Day 1 Media Day:
LRC Discount Firehiwot Dado And Buzunesh Deba At Your Own Peril; The Two Ethiopians Say They've Been Training Better Than Ever LRC totally discounted Firehiwot Dado and Buzunesh Deba two years ago at the ING NYC Marathon. (Full disclosure: We even thought Dado's name was Dado Firehiwot). We're not going to do it this year. The two Ethiopians are primed and ready for NYC 2013.
*RRW: Close Friends Dado, Deba Happy To Be Back In New York City The 1 and 2 from 2011 are back in NYC again.
LRC Former Hobby Jogger, Now Pro, Yolanda Caballero's Still Inspired By Her Husband 21 Months After His Death; Words Of Wisdom From Super Master Chema Martinez Yolanda Caballero was a hobby jogger and then her now-deceased husband made her world class. At 42, Spain's Jose Manual "Chema" Martinez wants to be a factor in NYC.
More From Wednesday: After World Championships Silver, Valerie Straneo Ready For More In NYC The 37-year-old Straneo made a name for herself with her silver medal at the recent World Champs.
*2013 ING NYC Marathon Honors Boston Marathon With Yellow Line To Finish
More NCAA (Full Updated Conference Champs Coverage Farther Down)
- New NCAA National XC Polls Are Released - Stanford And Indiana Men Jump To #6 And #11, Wisco Falls To #19. Providence Women Up To #2
- Updated Division I XC Regional Rankings: Indiana Men Take Over the Great Lakes Region After Big 10 Win
- Jesse Squire's College Weekend Wrap
- BYU's Jason Witt And Providence's Emily Sisson Named USTFCCCA Athletes Of The
Week For Leading Their Teams To Conference Titles With Individual Victories
*Interview With Sisson
- DIII School North Central Wins Their 40th Straight Conference Title Even more interesting is that head coach Al Carius has been there for all of them.
Conference XC Action *Results Central
- Big West: *Men Results *Women Results
*Cal Poly Sweeps Big West Men And Women's Titles Laura Hollander led Cal Poly winning by over a minute with a new CR. Cal Poly's Chris Frias won the men's race.
- West Coast: *Men Results *Women Results
*Jason Witt Takes 1st Place To Help BYU Men Win West Coast Conference Champs Portland was 2nd by 18 points.
*San Francisco Women Win Fifth-Straight WCC Title, Led By Bridget Dahlberg, Who Took The Individual Title
*Meet Video Highlights
- Big 10: *Men's Results
*Indiana University Wins Big 10 XC Title To End Wisconsin's 14-Year Streak The top 3 teams were relatively close with Michigan 2nd and Wisco 3rd.
*Michigan State Women Win 3rd Big 10 Title In 4 Years Rival Michigan was a close 2nd with Minnesota 3rd.
*Wisco Freshman Malachy Schrobilgen Gets Big 10 Individual Title On losing "the streak," Coach Mick Byrne said, "The message is that this is just one race. We still have two races to run and we can either hang our hats up or we can come out fighting."
*Michigan's Erin Finn Wins Big 10 Individual Title To Lead Team To 2nd Place Finish
- PAC-12: *Men's Results *Women's Results
*Colorado Men Are Back-To-Back PAC-12 Champs
*University Of Arizona Wins PAC-12 Title With Close Win Over Colorado
*Edward Cheserek Wins PAC-12 Title, Leading Oregon Men To 2nd Place Team Finish
*Stanford's Aisling Cuffe Takes PAC-12 Individual Title Stanford women finished 5th as a team.
- Heps: *Men Results *Women Results
*Columbia Men And Dartmouth Women Wins Heps Team Titles Abbey D'Agostino dominated on the women's side while Harvard's Maksim Korolev won handily for the men.
- Big 12: *Men Results *Women Reults
*Oklahoma State Men Get Their 6th Straight Big 12 Title
*Iowa State Women 3-Peat At Big 12 (W/ Video)
*Texas Tech's Kennedy Kithuka Repeats As Big 12 Individual Champ
*Marielle Hall Is Texas' First Big 12 Individual Champ Ever
- Big East: *Men Results *Women Results
*Freshman Patrick Tiernan Leads Villanova Men To Big East Title Providence was 2nd.
*Emily Sisson Claims Big East Title To Lead Women's Cross-Country To Its Sixth Conference Crown Georgetown was 2nd.
- SEC: SEC Men Arkansas Goes 1-2-3 with Kemoy Campbell winning by 42 seconds! *Women (Arkansas 1-2-3)
- ACC: *Syracuse Wins ACC XC Champs
*FSU Wins 6th Straight Women's Title
*Results On the men's side, #14 Syracuse faced #18 North Carolina and #23 Notre Dame, while for the women, #5 FSU was up against #10 Virginia, #19 Syracuse and #22 Notre Dame.
- Mountain West: *2013 Mountain West Cross-Country Results - New Mexico Wins Both As Isiah Bragg And Emma Bates Win Ind. Titles
Friday's New York City Marathon On The Run Video Show (Meb, Mutai, Alisha Williams, Jason Hartmann, David Epstein, Wejo). More Episodes Here.
Don't Think You Can Run 2:03 Clean? Geoffrey Mutai Wants To Talk To You (More Here).
Episode #2 On The Run With Frank Shorter, Bill Rodgers, Joan Benoit, Stephen Kiprotich, More (Larger Here). Each Night At 8pm Eastern Here.
Random Stuff: Harry Potter Is Seb Coe
- Harry Potter Actor Daniel Radcliffe Will Play Seb Coe In New Film "Gold" The film will focus on Coe's and Steve Ovett's
up to the 1980 Moscow Olympics.
- Ironic: Sochi Winter Olympics 2014 Volunteers And Staff Will Wear Rainbow Uniforms
LRC Week That Was 10/29/13 - Walking On At Wisconsin, Marathon Abstinence, And Wilson Kipsang's World Record Is Broken? (link fixed) This week, we give out free coaching advice to Alberto Salazar and Shannon Rowbury, introduce you to a true hero for walk-ons at Wisconsin, and talk about marathon abstinence and teetotalers at Rio 2016. Plus running in the Serengeti, bad running journalism and Wilson Kipsang's world record is broken?
Sunday: Inaugural EQT Pittsburgh 10 Miler Attracts Strong American Field Men's field is led by Americans Brent Vaughn, Andrew Carlson, Jon Grey and Fernando Cabada, who face Kenyan Julius Kogo and Scottish runner Andrew Lemoncello. The women are led by Ethiopia's Askale Merachi.
Top International Updates
- Hicham El Guerrouj Calls On IAAF To Bolster Public Interest In Mid-D Running, Which He Says Has Been Overshadowed By Usain Bolt El G: "Usain Bolt is doing a great job for track and field, but he's casting a shadow over other races, which is very hard for those athletes ..."
- Caster Semenya Still Motivated? Says She Wants To Break The WR Her PR is 1:55:45 and the WR was set at 1:53.28 over 30 years ago by Czech athlete Jarmila Kratochvilova. She said she's healthy and focused on the Commonwealth Games, where she might consider doubling the 800 with either the 400 or 1,500.
- After His 2:06 Debut At Frankfurt (15th All-Time Fastest Debut) 37-Year-Old Mark Kiptoo Is Hoping To Be Selected For Kenya's World Half Champs Squad The World Half Marathon Championships are in Copenhagen in March.
- Former WADA Head Dick Pound Says The Problem With The Anti-Doping Fight Is There Is "No Incentive Out There To Catch Anyone" Pound: "It makes sports leaders look bad, and it makes national leaders look bad."