Thursday Diamond League In Sweden
Distance Preview: LRC All
the American 800m Women & The World's Bests Including Moscow Champs Sum, Kiprop, Kemboi, and Defar Racing Unpack the bags, it's time for some more great racing. All the American 800m finalists take on Eunice Sum and Abeba Aregawi, in the men's 1500m Asbel Kiprop takes on all-comers, Ayanleh
Souleiman, and Leo Manzano, in the men's steeple Brimin Kipruto joins the Moscow mix, and Meseret Defar and Hellen Obiri collide at 3000m with Shannon Rowbury.
*Highlights From Stockholm DL Press Conference: Quotes From Eunice Sum, Abebe Aregawi, David Oliver, Meseret Defar, Asbel Kiprop And More Talking about her World 800 victory, Eunice Sum said she was "not really worried” when Alysia Montano had a big lead.
*Twelve World Champions Will Compete In Stockholm DL Meet The men's 400m, men's 110 hurdles and women's high jump have all the Moscow medalists going head to head to head.
*Provisional Entry Lists
More Post-Worlds News *Results *LRC Each Day's Photos *Video Highlights (US Visitors Only) *Worlds Special Section
- After Finishing 2nd At The World Champs, Kenyan Steepler Lydia Chepkurui Is Hoping To Steal The Diamond League Series From Milcah Chemos Chemos has dominated the series over the past few years, but currently is tied with Chepkurui ahead of the September 6th meet in Brussels. Whoever wins there takes the overall title.
- After A Disappointing 18th Place Finish In Moscow, Yuki Kawauchi Will Race The New York City Marathon Before New York, he will race the Melbourne Marathon in October and plans to run the Fukuoka International Marathon in December.
*Kawauchi Plans To Give Up On Trying To Make Japan National Teams If He Doesn't Make Team For 2014 Asian Games He said he will withdraw himself for consideration for the 2015 Beijing World Championships and 2016 Rio Olympics teams if he doesn't make the team for the Asian Games.
- British Prime Minister Backs Mo Farah For Knighthood
- Medals In Hand, Ashton And Brianne Theisen Eaton Can Now Concentrate On Their Honeymoon Eaton: "We did not think that Russia would be a very good honeymoon, not that the city is not awesome. Our honeymoon will be a mix of adventure and relaxation."
- Iten Erupts In Song And Dance For World Marathon Champ Edna Kiplagat
- 19-Year-Old Star Brit Sprinter Adam Gemili Says His Focus Is On Eventually Winning Medals Rather Than Breaking British Records
2013 Worlds *Results *LRC Each Day's Photos *Video Highlights (US Visitors Only) *Worlds Special Section *Women's 800 Special Section *Men's 1,500
Click Here For Our New World Champs Special Section Wejo would love your feedback @ email@example.com.
- Post-Worlds Distance News:
- Alberto Salazar Takes A Swipe At "Rumor Mongers" On "Website Forums" Who Think Mo Farah's Success Is Fueled By Drugs Salazar: "It bothers me when people question my integrity. But the way I look at it, if you don't want people to say things about you, go run real crappy and then nobody will talk about you. At this level, we know we're clean. We know we're never going to test positive for anything. No way in the world. I have a clear conscience."
- The Telegraph: "Few major cities have enough cash or the right climate to lure Mo Farah into making a world record attempt."
- GB Decathlon Great Daley Thompson Says Mo Farah Won't Be Truly Great Until He Breaks A WR
- Nick Symmonds Blogs About The Rest Of His Season And "The Future Of Pro Track"
- Kenyan Team Gets Warm Reception Back Home
- Kenyan Athletes And Officials Come Under Fire For "Meager Moscow Medal Haul"
- Brit Hannah England Says "It's no crying shame to be fourth in the world" After Missing The Medals In The 1,500 She was seen crying immediately after the race, but said made herself "snap out of it" thinking, "You don't want to be the girl crying in anti-doping, do you?"
Sunday: LRC 1,500: Kiprop Is Golden, Centro
Shines Silver, And Cronje Gets Surprise Bronze As Kenyan Plan Not Executed updated 8:50 pm Eastern The plan was for the Kenyan team to take it out hard the first three laps but Silas Kiplagat did not lead the first lap awas expected.
LRC Video Interview With Matt Centrowitz After Silver
LRC Asbel Kiprop Interview
*Rec. Read: Centro Sr. Missed Seeing Final 100m Of Race As The TV Feed He Was Watching Went Out
*Canova On Men's 1,500m Final
*Worlds 1,500m Special Section
*USATF: Americans Win 2 Middle-Distance Medals In 5-Medal Closing Day Of World Champs
*Team USA Superlatives From The World Championships: 25 Medals Ties For The Second Most Ever By Team USA
On The Boards: *LETSRUN OFFICIAL 1500m THREAD!
*Centrowitz: Greatest American Middle Distance Championship Racer
*MENS 1500 Same HorseS***, Sam Slow pace, Then KICK SH**. When is it going to STOP?
M Marathon: LRC Stephen Kiprotich Now Olympic And WORLD Champ, Lelisa Desisa Proves He's A Star With Silver Kiprotich, the Olympic
champion, showed he's the best championship marathoner in the world as he pulled away from Boston champ Lelisa Desisa for the win. Desisa has had an incredible first 3 marathons in his career as Ethiopians went 2-3-4.
LRC The Cool Story Of Stephen Kiprotich And Haile Gebrselassie Kiprotich got drilled by Gebrselassie in a race in 2007. Kiprotich asked for advice. Gebrselassie told him to train hard for 5 years. What happened 5 years later? Kiprotich won the Olympics.
*Post-Race Reaction From The Americans Jeff Eggleston, Daniel Tapia And Carlos Trujillo
*Results *Live Thread
Saturday Non-Distance: IAAF Day 8 Recap: Russia, Russia, And Bolt
LRC: Brigetta Barrett Gets Silver, Sings Amazing Grace, And Stands Up For Freedom Barrett did it all Saturday, including standing up for fellow high jumper Emma Green to paint her nails how she wants. Barrett said, "We are human beings. We are competitors and participants of sport, but we are individuals, free and rights having individuals that should be able to wear anything that honors our country ..."
*Day 8 A Golden Day For Russia As They Win Surprise Medal In Women's 4 X 400 And Svetlana Shkolina Wins Upset Victory In HJ Russia just edged the US in the 4 x 400 as Barrett took 2nd in the HJ with Olympic champ Anna Chicherova tied with Spain's Ruth Beitia for the bronze.
*IAAF Report On Women's 4 X 400
M 5,000 Final: LRC Five In A Row For Farah, As Americans Shut Out Fool me once, shame on you;
fool me five times ... This one came down to the final lap once again and we got what we all expected - another Mo Farah global title. That's five straight. Bernard Lagat was 6th, Galen Rupp 8th, and Ryan Hill 10th. *Video Highlights Of Race
Share with a friend who doesn't know the results.
LRC Analysis: Fool Me Five Times, Shame On Me, Farah Didn't Have The Fastest Last Lap, The Key Point In The Race And More We break it down for you.
*Video Highlights Of Race Here
*Post-Race Reaction: Mo Farah Calls This The "Sweetest" Of His Titles, Audio/Video/Text With Americans Ryan Hill has chosen his post-collegiate Nike group, and Farah talks about going after a faster time and improving the 1-2% under Alberto Salazar.
*Brendan Foster: Mo Farah Is Britain's Greatest Ever Athlete
Men's 5k On The Boards:
- WC MEN'S 5000m FINAL THREAD! IT'S ON
- 2:22.99 last km by FARAH
- We haven't beaten Mo with the old tactics, so let's try … the old tactics again!
- What do you suppose is up with Rupp this season?
W 1,500: LRC Jenny Gets Silver, Mary Cain 10th updated
Jenny Simpson ran a superb race. The only problem was that Abeba Aregawi was just better. Mary Cain was a non-factor in 10th as the 17-year-old's incredible season came to an end. Now she can start her senior year of high school.
*Renato Canova On 1,500 Final
Women's 1,500 Post-Race Interviews: Jenny Simpson, Mary Cain, Hannah England, Areba Aregawi, Hellen Obiri, Zoe Buckman You can watch or you can read what was said here.
MB: Official 2013 Women's 1,500 Final Discussion Thread: Talk About Jenny Simpson And Mary Cain Here
*CONGRATUALTIONS to Jenny Simpson, But Cain WTF???????
*J.Simpson front runs to a Silver Medal. More "sacrificial lamb" nonsense.
*Good job Mary Cain!
While You Were Sleeping (Thursday AM Action): Women's 800 Heats: LRC The Three Americans Move On As Montaño and Martinez Win Their Heats Martinez beat the Olympic champ while Ajee Wilson ran the second-best time of her career. Jessica Judd goes home.
*LRC: Women's 800m Round 1 Photo Gallery
*MB: Women's 800 Heats Discussion
Tuesday PM: Men's 800: LRC Symmonds
Wins Silver, Aman Wins Gold The
US picked up its first 800 medal, men's or women's, in 16 years on Tuesday. For 700 meters, it looked like the US might actually go 1-2 but Duane Solomon faded down the stretch. *Race Video/Results
LRC Post-Race Interviews: Nick Symmonds, Mo Aman, Duane Solomon And Ayanleh Souleiman
MB Official Men's 800 Thread Discuss the race live here.
LRC Victor Sailer Flash Photo Gallery LRC Flash Photo Gallery
Women's Steeple: LRC Milcah Chemos Wins Kenya's First-Ever Women's Steeplechase Gold It's a shame that Zaripova wasn't competing for Russia as the stadium was rocking thanks to Isinbayeva's gold and would have gone bonkers if Zaripova had been running at the same time.
More Doping News
- Wada Could Expel Jamaica From Next Olympics Over Drug-Testing Failures In Wake Of The Former JADCO Head's Recent Public Criticisms WADA head David Howman: “We were certainly concerned by the comments and would anticipate that the government and the agency itself would be appropriately responding. It’s serious."
- Eight Chinese Athletes Fail Drug Tests Ahead Of National Games
- Biological Passport Catches Chinese Marathoner Wang Jial She is the former Beijing Marathon winner and national champion.
- Japan Sports Arbitration Agency Increases Doping Ban Of Marathoner Kaori Yoshida From 1 To 2 Years At Request Of Japan Anti-Doping Agency
More Post-Worlds News
- Swoosh News: US Pole Vault Record Holder Brad Walker's Nike Contract Was Terminated After His 4th Place Finish At Worlds Because He Taped Down A Defective Velcro Strap On His Nike Spikes
- Cuban Federation Releases Statement That Sprint Hurdler Orlando Ortega "Abandoned" The Cuban Delegation In Moscow They say he has not returned to the country after competing at Worlds.
*Russia Says They Won't Naturalize Cuba's Ortega If He Turns Up
- Kenya's Daily Nation Looks At How The "Team Tactics" At Worlds Fell Apart And What Lessons They Should Learn From Mo Farah Isiah Koech said, "We Kenyans planned with our team to run the race together. But at the end I ran my own race. I was starting to push and when I saw no one coming, I slowed down."
- Unheralded But Impressive: Moscow Performances You Might Not Be Aware Of Kenya's 4th place javelin thrower Julius Yego tops the list.
- Compliation Of Noteworthy Quotes From Moscow World Champs
- Ethiopia Celebrates Highest Ever World Championships Medal Haul in Moscow
- Swedish Olympic Committee Warns Athletes Against Making Political Statements At Sochi 2014 Olympics After Two Athletes Caused Controversy By Painting Their Nailes Rainbow-Colored In Moscow
- Former Executive Director Of The Jamaica Anti-Doping Commission Gives An Inside Look At Jamaican Track's Drug-Testing Woes Renee Anne Shirley describes the major shortcomings of Jamaica's anti-doping procedures, such as the fact that they only conducted 1 out of competition test from February 2012 through the London Games, and none in the 3 months leading into the Games.
- Former Russian SP Euro Indoor Champ Anna Avdeyeva Gets Doping Ban
- Lolo Jones To Make A Cameo In Upcoming Nicolas Cage Movie She'll be a flight attendant in the movie "Left Behind."
- Video Of Kobe Bryant Running On AlterG Treadmill He had an Achilles tear four months ago, but can already run thanks to the AlterG.
- Steve Spence Runs 4:51.4 To Get A Sub-5 Minute Mile For The 38th Straight Year
- Post-Worlds Sprint / Field News:
- Usain Bolt Gives Moscow World Champs A "Seven Out Of Ten" He said these championships were "not the best," citing the empty stands early in the meet, but he said, "Over the days, it got better ... There were much more people in the stands."
- Bolt Reacts With Disbelief To Mike Rodgers' Comments That The US "Gave Away A Gold Medal" With A Botched Handoff And Would Have Beaten Jamaica Otherwise Bolt: "They couldn't have said that, they couldn't have said that. They were like two metres in front of me. I have been in worst positions running from my blocks and won. I wasn't worried any at all about (the) USA beating us."
- So Much For King And Country: British 9.91 Sprinter James Dasaolu "Expresses Interest" In Rrunning For Nigeria After 2016 Olympic Games He's quoted as saying, "After the next Olympics, I will maybe consider changing (and running for Nigeria)." His parents were born in Nigeria.
- Russian 4 X 400 Runner Denies Podium Kiss Was In Protest Of Anti-Gay Law, Saying "It Was Just Happiness" For Their Team She declined to comment on her attitude toward LGBT rights, but did say that she and her kissing training partner were both married.
- The Next "Beast"? Usain Bolt Calls Ocatvious Freeman "A Beast" For Her Great 4 X 100 Anchor Leg To Get Team USA A Medal
- AP: "Bolt rides to rescue as track's golden savior." AP also gives "5" things we learned from Moscow, which include "Passing the baton remains problematic for the U.S."
- Video: GB 4 X 100 Team "Heartbroken" Over World Champs DQ
- Rollins & Barrett Earn Gold & Silver To Lead 2013 Collegians At IAAF World Championships
- USTFCCCA Looks At How Past Bowerman Award Winners Fared In Moscow
Women's 800m: LRC Eunice
Sum Surprises, Brenda Martinez Bronze!, Agony Of Defeat For Montano, American Junior Record For Wilson This race had it all - a first-ever American medal, tears from another American, and an American junior record for a third. Recap, analysis and the news that Brenda Martinez was turned down by two American training groups.
*LRC Post-Race Video Interview With Brenda
*LRC Ajee Wilson After Smashing The American Junior Record
More: Canova On Women's 800m Final
On The Boards: Official Women's 800 Final- IAAF World Championship
*Martinez Bronze 1:57.91!
*Ajee MF Wilson
- More Sunday: IAAF Day 9 Recap
- NY Times: Bolt Leads Jamaica At Rejuvenated Worlds, Teddy Tamgho 3rd Ever Over 18 Meters A little excitement in the air on the final day. Jamaica swept all all 6 short sprints in Moscow.
- Men's 4 X 100 Recap: Jamaica 1, US 2, Canada 3 After British DQ
- Women's 4 X 100: Jamaica Crushes Field As Octavius Freeman Saves Americans
*Athletics Weekly: Double 4 X 100m Victory For Jamaica Brings World Champs To A Close
- Mixed Fortunes For GB Relay Teams: Men Are Disqualified After Getting Bronze But The Women Moved Up To 3rd After France Was DQed Both DQed teams exchanged the baton outside the exchange zone. This was the 6th major championship out of seven that the GB men failed to earn a finishing place.
*The Guardian: "Relay medals won and lost earn Team GB joy and heartbreak at worlds."
*Guardian's "Picture Of The Day": Dwain Chambers Celebrates In A Bowler Hat Before Finding Out The Team Was DQed
- European Athletics Final Day Recap: Tamgho Is The Star With A Jump He Has Spent A Lifetime Waiting For
*IAAF Men's TJ Report: Tamgho Had A Bunch Of Really Far Jumps That Were Fouls Before He Finally Got The 18m Mark
- IAAF Women's Javelin Report: Germany's Christina Obergfoll Finally Gets A Win After Finishing 2nd In 2005, 2007 And At The 2012 Games IAAF She was also fifth in 2009, fourth in 2011 and 3rd at the 2008 Games.
Saturday W5k: LRC Defar Wins 4th Global 5k Title (And Beats Dibaba In Our Virtual 5k), Huddle 6th - 7 Quick Takes Defar got the job done with a sub-60 last lap and 4:23 last 1,600 as Molly
the highest American finish ever in the event.
MB: 2:41 last km by DEFAR
*Womens 5,000m Final Thread
Saturday Non-Distance: IAAF Day 8 Recap: Russia, Russia, And Bolt
Usain Bolt Dominates 200 In World-Leading 19.66 To Win His 9th World Title Warren Weir 2nd over US's Curtis Mitchell. UK's teen star Adam Gemili was 5th.
*Bolt's Winning Time In Moscow 200 Was The Slowest Of His Two Olympic And Now Three World 200 Title Wins He still became the first athlete to win a third World 200m title and the first man to win the 100m and 200m double on two occasions. On other topics, he says if the 600 showdown with Farah happens at all it'll be next season.
*Adam Gimili Replaces 9.91 Man James Dasalu As Leadoff Leg For UK 4 X 100 Former US coach Rana Reider says they're looking really good in practice with their baton exchanges, so maybe they won't botch it like at the Olympics last year.
*Gimili Became Only The Second Brit To Go Sub-20 In The 200 Semis Yesterday
Brianna Rollins Leads Saturday Team US Performances With 100 Hurdles Gold Over Olympic Champ Sally Pearson GB's Tiffany Porter was 3rd; Dawn Harper and Queen Harrison were 4th and 5th.
*Double Bronze For The UK On Day 8 With The Women's 4 X 400 And Tiffany Porter In The 100 Hurdles
*IAAF Report On Men's Javelin: Czech Vitezslav Vesely Wins As Kenya's Julius Yego Finishes Just Outside The Medals In 4th
*AP: Rough Olympic warmup for Russia at track worlds There have been a few complaints along with the gay rights controversy, such bus drivers shuttling athletes and fans have gotten lost. One fan said, "Look, it's the former Soviet Union. You can't complain too much."
More Saturday OTB : *US Robbed in 4 by4!!
*Womens 4x400 wtf was that USA changeover
*Kenyan Julius Yego In Javelin Throw WC Final The Kenyan got 4th.
*MB: Kenyans can throw!
W 800 Semis: LRC This
One Is For The Taking: Don't Be Surprised If An American Wins The Final Quick thoughts on the women's 800m semifinal. All 3 Americans, including junior star Ajee Wilson, made the final, but Alysia Montano and Brenda Martinez looked like medal - gold medal - threats.
*Brenda Martinez And Ajee Wilson Post-Race Reaction
M 1,500 Semis: LRC Matt Centrowitz Advances, Leo Manzano Out: 6 Quick Thoughts Our quick thoughts on the men's 1,500m semifinal with some reaction from the mixed zone. Asbel Kiprop led the favorites in advancing and the big name not making the final was American silver medallist Leo Manzano who ran a tactically poor race. Matt Centrowitz advanced and is confident for the final. Kiprop cited Centro as his #2 rival.
*Post-Race Reaction Interviews with Centrowitz, Leo Manzano, Lopez Lomong, Asbel Kiprop, Silas Kiplagat, Nick Willis, Nate Brannen and Henrik Ingebrigtsen.
Friday Worlds Full NY Times Recap: Allyson Felix Tears Hamstring In 200 Meters Good read if you don't know what happened on Friday.
Thursday: Steeple: LRC: Kemboi Wins: The Greatest Ever? Ezekiel
Kemboi won his fourth straight global title and fifth overall to lay claim to greatest steepler
ever. Evan Jager improved on his London performance and was 5th.
RR Renato Canova On Steeple Final, The Future Of The Event Canova coached WR holder Shaheen.
*Post-Race Interviews With Evan Jager, New Canadian Record Holder Matt Hughes And Alex Genest *Race Video
MB: WC Men's Steeple Final thread
*Kemboi - The Greatest Steeplechaser Ever?
*WHAT DID EZEKIEL'S SHIRT SAY?!
*steeple men and 1500 women:analysis of Coach Canova #moscow2013
Bondarenko Wins High Jump, Comes Close To WR IAAF recap. Video highlights here.
400 Hurdles: Men's Race Video We had a lengthy talk with Felix Sanchez about his career afterwards (video here). If Felix gets a new shoe contract, he may keep competing, but this year could be it. *Women's Race Video
Thursday AM: Brigetta Barrett Makes It Interesting, Advances In HJ After Two Misses At Opening Height 2004 Olympic champ Yelena Slesarenko was eliminated.
LRC Video: Barrett Talks Qualifying And Then Hams It Up With Reese Hoffa: "I thought you were going to slap my butt. I was like 'Girl I didn't think we knew each other like that.'" - Reese Hoffa
LRC: SP Qualifying: LRC Reese Hoffa All But Gives The 2013 Shot Put Gold Medal To Ryan Whiting Rarely does an athlete admit they have little chances of winning, but that is what Reese Hoffa was doing (even though he beat Whiting 2 months ago).
Wednesday: LRC M
1,500 R1: All The Favorites And Americans Advance The 3 star Kenyans won their heats, Leo M and Lopez made round 2 easily, and Centro Jr made it, too, but had to work a little the last 100. Former Michigan teammates Nate Brannen (easily) and Nick Willis (struggled) advanced in different ways.
LRC Flash Photos
LRC W 5k R1: The Americans Advance, Meseret Defar Says Her Training Is "Stronger" Than When She Set World Record On the track, the action wasn't too surprising. Off the track, Shannon Rowbury had some critical words to USATF (see below) and Meseret Defar indicated she is super-fit.
LRC Flash Photos
LRC Shannon Rowbury Has Some Strong Words For USATF For Being Left Off 1,500m Team For Worlds "I find it pretty unfathomable that USATF did not know I had run 4:01 in Monaco." A "disappointed" Rowbury explained how she was left off the USATF 1,500m team despite having the 8th fastest time in the world. Bureaucrats suck.
- This Friday: Geena Gall, Heather Kampf and Canadian Olympian Nicole Edwards-Sifuentes Lead Field For Michigan Mile
- September 15th: Meseret Defar And Tirunesh Dibaba To Clash At The Bupa Great North Run Half-Marathon They have almost identical half PR's with Dibaba at 1:07:35 and Defar 1:07:25.
US Pro News
- Donn Cabral joins New Jersey-New York Track Club; To Be Coached By Coach Frank Gagliano
*MB: Cabral Has Lyme Disease
- Dathan Ritzenhein Says He'd Like To Eventually Return To Live At Home In Rockford, Michigan And Start A Running Club
- NAU XC Team Looking For A Podium Finish In 2013 After Returning Every Member Of The 2012 Team That Got 4th At NCAAs Coach Eric Heins: "We like the underdog mentality," he says. "But we're not going to say that the goal is third place."
- 7 Track And Cross-Country Athletes Among The Top 30 Nominees For NCAA Woman Of The Year Award
- Pistorius, Steenkamp Family Reps "Talking" About Possible Out-Of-Court Settlement To Compensate Steenkamps For The Killing Of Their Daughter One report says Steenkamp's parents are seeking around $300,000 for loss of income (their daughter gave them money) and emotional stress.
- Dinknesh Mekash Hoping For Big Things At The 2013 Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon On October 20th After A Breakthrough 4th Place Finish At The Paris Marathon In 2:25:09
- Blow To UK Olympic Legacy As Fewer Children Take Up Sport Survey found that the number of children taking part in sport has fallen to the lowest level for five years.
- Ryan Hall To Train In Kenya In September As Part Of His Buildup For The NYC Marathon Hall: "I haven't done much speed work yet, which explains that 10-K time [of 29:43 at Beach to Beacon on August 3], but I expect things to get very intense in Kenya. I've heard that practically every run turns into a tempo workout. September will be my hardest month of training."
- Meseret Defar And Tirunesh Dibaba Will Race Over 5k At Brussels DL Meet On August 29th Start lists include 19 World Championships gold medalists.
- Oscar Pistorius Indicted For Murder; Trial Set For March 3, 2014
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Tickets On Sale
More Russian Anti-Gay Law News
- Russian Women's 4 X 400 Runners Kiss
On Winners Podium To Protest Anti-Gay Law There are conflicting reports as to whether or not the athletes were trying to make a political statement or not.
*Image Of Them Kissing With Their Teammates Looking On In Shock
- Did He Really Just Say That? Russian Sports Minister Likens Homosexuality To Drug Abuse And Alcoholism
- Russian Sports Minister Says Anti-Gay Controversy Is "An Invented Problem" By Western Media
- Stunt Man Who Parachuted Into Olympics As James Bond Killed In An Accident In The Swiss Alps He hit a rock when jumping from a helicopter in a winged suit.
- Lance Armstrong Documentary "The Armstrong Lie" To Premiere Next Month At Toronto Film Festival Producer Frank Marshall: "We set out to make a movie about a comeback - with unlimited and unprecedented access to Armstrong and the inner workings of the Tour de France. Along the way, we ended up chronicling the collapse of one of the greatest myths and legends of our time."
- UCLA Thrower Julian Wruck And Stanford Hurdler Kori Carter Win Online Fan Voting For "The Bowerman" Award
- Prosecutors Say Oscar Pistorius Will Be Indicted For Premeditated Murder On Monday And Will Go To Trial Early 2014
More From Mo
- Mo Farah Says He'd Like To Go After Bekele's 5k/10k World Records "It would be nice to get closer to the record and the great athlete Bekele has both records. It would be nice to get closer to that, but I haven't tried too much ... I've just been concentrating on winning medals for my country."
- Is It Being Cocky If You Can Back It Up? Farah's Message To The British Public The Night Before The 5k: "Chill out. Have a cup of tea. Mo's on the track."
Russia's Laws On Homosexuality Making News
- UK Blogger: "Misunderstood? Come off it. Does Isinbayeva think we're stupid?" Blogger argues that she "seems to be currying favour with Russia's high-profile conservative elite" and that her comments were "pretty much an audition for a Kremlin-based post-Athletics career."
- Philip Hersh: "Pole vault star Isinbayeva a symbol of Russian homophobia: Anti-gay attitude makes her unacceptable as Olympic ambassador." Hersh doesn't buy her "misunderstood" story either, saying he thinks she was acting as a "puppet" for Russian President Vladimir Putin.
- Isinbayeva Says She Was Misunderstood As English Isn't Her First Language Isinbayeva says guests should respect others' laws, but also added, "Let me state in the strongest terms that I am opposed to any discrimination against gay people on the grounds of their sexuality."
- Swedish High Jumper Re-Paints Nails From Rainbow To Red After Warning From IAAF She might have been violating the IAAF code of conduct.
- MB: Gays (and straights) going ga-ga over Nick Symmonds 28 reasons why he should be your favorite athlete.
Thursday Photos (Jenny Gets Silver, Kemboi Wins Steeple)
Thursday Women's 800m Photo Gallery (All Of Our Photo Galleries Are Here)
Mary And Jenny Roll On
Women's 1,500m Semis: LRC The Mary Cain Show Rolls On Into The Final - Defending Champion Jenny Simpson Looks Great The high schooler
to surprise and finished ahead of Genzebe Dibaba despite running much of the race in lane 2. Zoe Buckman won Cain's semifinal, showing anything can happen at 1,500m. Simpson says she's 100% both physically and mentally. It's all very exciting.
*Flash Women's 1,500m Photo Gallery
Cain On The Boards: *Mary Cain has OFFICIALLY surpassed Jim Ryun's legacy
*MARY CAIN - 4:04 FROM LANE 2 THE WHOLE WAY!!!!
*Dreamed that Mary Cain took silver in the 1500 final.
Doping Updates: Trinidad And Tobago Sprinter Semoy Hackett Also Withdrew From World Champs Due To "Doping Matters"
*Federal Judge Rejects Plea From Trevor Graham (Former Coach Of Marion Jones) To Erase His Felony Conviction For Lying About His Relationship With A Steroid Dealer
Karhu $200,013 LRC Worlds Prediction Contest - Better Than Ever - New $2,013 4-Event Challenge
LRC $200,013 Worlds Prediction Contest: Pick 4 Events Correctly And Win $2,013 Our world-famous prediction contest is back and is better than ever. In addition to our full-fledged contest with some great prizes from Karhu, we've gotten a little carried away trying to get more casual fans involved as we've added a $2013 Four-Event Challenge. Pick the top three in order in the four events of your choosing and win $2013*. Don't know anything about Worlds? We've got a guide for you. Plus, you only need to do four events if you don't want to do the full thing. So start picking and more importantly spread the word to non-track fans.