Upcoming *Oslo Bislett Games Are Thursday (LRC Preview Coming) *US HS Nationals Are Fri.-Sun.
Usain Bolt Returns To Action Thursday In 200m In Oslo And Laughs Off Suggestion His Time Has Passed The
is Thursday. Bolt is the headliner, plus Kipruto vs. Kemboi in steeple, Chicherova vs. Vlasic in high jump. Neither Kiplagat nor Kiprop are running the famed Dream Mile.
*More Oslo Press Conference *Start Lists
NBC Sports: What Will It Take To Motivate Usain Bolt?
- Today In Senegal: World 400m Champion Amantle Montsho And Olympic 1,500m Champion Taoufik Makhloufi Are Running In Dakar On Wed.
- Tonight Only: John Meyer Says Watch Spirit Of The Marathon In Theaters Tonight
- Thursday: 2013 ExxonMobil Bislett Games - Schedule, Results And TV And Streaming Information
- Seb Coe, Steve Ovett And Steve Cram Will All Be Together In Oslo For 1st Time In Nearly 25 Years On Aug 1, 1980, Coe got the 1k WR and then Ovett broke Coe's mile WR. Cram would later get the WR in Oslo over a stacked field in 1985 in 3:46. Meanwhile, Alan Webb did his 3:46 in the middle of nowhere.
- Jessica Ennis Pulls Out Of Oslo With Stiff Achilles
- Friday: 2013 New Balance HS Nationals Outdoor Entries
Wednesday Non-Distance News
- USATF Getting Into Reality TV With USATF 36: Sanya Richards-Ross It's the second reality show for SRR. The executive producer of this show is USATF CEO Max Siegel.
- 2 Reasons Eugene Has Advantage Over Drake In Attracting Big Events Oregonian
- Ashton Eaton And Brianne Theisen Preparing For Worlds, Talk About Theisen Nearly Killing Eaton With A Javelin Register-Guard
- After 5 NCAA Titles In High Jump, Derek Drouin Focused On World Champs
- European Indoor Champ Tezdzhan Naimova Could Get Lifetime Doping Ban
- Brigetta Barrett, Andy Bayer, Kimberlyn Duncan Sign With Doyle Sports Management
- Novel Idea: Brits Hoping To Appoint British Head Coach After Swede Peter Eriksson Steps Down At End Of Year
- Jeremy Wariner Only Ran 46.06 In Rabat
- Ivory Coast Sprinter Murielle Ahoure Starting To Make A Name For Herself
Surprising: Brenda Martinez To Run 800, Not 1,500, At USAs The 1,500 team just got a lot easier for Mary Cain to make as the US gets to send 4.
The 2013 NCAA Championships *Live Results *Heat Sheets *LRC Post-Race Interviews *LRC Day 4 Photos *LRC Day 3 Photos *LRC Day 2 Photos *LRC Day 1 Photos *LRC $20,013 Prediction Contest Scores
LRC Men's 1,500: Oregon's Mac Fleet Kicks To Victory To Delight Of Hometown Crowd Fleet was third at PAC-12s but first at
NCAAs as he provided the in-stadium highlight of the 2013 NCAA champs while the crowd went nuts. 4:21 HSer Zach Perkins of Air Force was the runner-up as a
true soph. We recap that plus post-race shoving shenanigans.
*Oregonian: Duck men 4th, but Mac Fleet's 1,500 victory reverberates Fleet is full of praise for coach Andy Powell. "(He) believed in me, I think, more than anyone, that I'd be able to bounce back. Without Andy, I don't think I'm here (with a title)."
*Recommended Watch: Texas' Patrick McGregor Was "Having The Race Of His Life Until 100 To Go" When He Fell To The Track
*MB: MAC FLEET FTW
*MB: Riley Masters Blames McGregor
*MB: NCAA Men's 1500m Live Updates
LRC Men's 5,000: Lawi Lalang Defeats Two Fresh Sub-13:20 Guys To Complete The 10k/5k Double Paul Chelimo and Diego Estrada were a very respectable 2nd and 3rd.
*MB: Lawi Doubles 13:35 FTW
*MB: LAWI vs. ESTRADA vs. JENKINS
*MB: Who exactly are the best in their events to never win an NCAA title?
Team Competition: Wild 4 X 400 Finish Results In Texas A&M And Florida Sharing NCAA Team Championship With 53 Points Texas A&M's powerhouse 4 x 400 team dropped the stick and only scored a single point as Florida won the event to miraculously tie A&M. Amazingly, in the year 2013, there is no tiebreaker. Arkansas was 3rd (46.5) and Oregon 4th (44).
*Texas A&M's Men Feel The Aggie-Ny Of NCAA Track And Field Title Tie
*MB: Pat Henry leaving A&M for University of Texas?
*Mike Holloway Pleased With Tie: "There's the old saying (about ties), it's like kissing your sister. I love my sisters."
*MB: Why the hell is there not a tie breaker for the team Champion at NCAA Champs?!?!?!?!
*MB: WTF: Did Dwight Stones Just Screw Up the NCAA Team Title on ESPNU?
LRC Day 4 Photos
Greer Wins NCAA Title Number Two, Denies Cas Loxsom Of Coveted Title Number One The two seniors both wanted this one badly and were way better than everyone else in the field.
*MB: Elijah MF Greeeerrrr FTW! 2x NATIONAL CHAMPION - 2013 NCAA's
*MB: 800m final - why were the Penn State uniforms not matching?
*R-G: "Elijah Greer closed out his Oregon career by accomplishing what everyone expected when he arrived."
LRC Steeple: Anthony Rotich Wins As Henry Lelei Goes Down On The Final Water Barrier The Kenyans up front ran super-fast as Rotich came into NCAAs with an 8:37 PR but left with an 8:21 IAAF "A" standard. Former US junior champ Curtis Carr of BYU got top American honors.
*MB: Henry Lelei false started
LRC Day 3 Photos
- AP Day 3 Recap
- Register-Guard : Resilient Aggies In position For Men's Title Run Arkansas' Coach Chris Bucknam: "Right now, who can predict, but it looks like A&M's in the driver's seat, and Florida is between Oregon and Arkansas in the third and fourth spot."
- Olympic Bronze Medalist Derek Drouin Wins Battle With Silver Medalist Erik Kynard To Take HJ Title In 7-8 Our interview with Drouin is here. Drouin had the crowd do the "slow clap" on his final jump, an attempt at the NCAA record of 7-10, which he missed. He said he had ever asked the crowd to cheer him on, but "it was my last jump as a collegian, so what the heck."
- USC's Bryshon Nellum Wins 400 In 44.73 Our interview with him is here.
- TCU's Charles Silmon Wins 100 In 9.89 To FSU's Dentarius Lock (9.91) And Mississippi Isiah Young (9.96) Short video with Silmon here.
- UCLA's Aussie Julian Wruck Wins Discus Throw; Texas' Ryan Crouser Back In 8th
*Video Interview With Crouser
- Video Interview With Vin Lananna On NCAAs And State Of The Sport
Day 2 Coverage
LRC 2013 NCAA Men's 10,000: Lawi Lalang Halfway Home To The Double The Arizona junior made it look easy
took home the 10,000 crown on day 2 of NCAAs. Full of confidence afterwards, he told us he's not worried about anyone in the 5,000 even though there are two other sub-13:20 guys.
LRC 2013 NCAA 1,500-Meter Semifinal Recaps: Undefeated Pat Casey Squeaks Into Final In the women's action Oklahoma State's and Natalja Piliusina emerged as the favorite.
*MB: Pat Casey - Say It Ain't So....
- AP Day 2 Recap
*USTFCCCA Day 2 Notes
- USC's Bryshon Nellum Posts Fastest 200 In Semis With Wind-Aided 19.99 Our interview with Nellum is here. Nellum gives some encouragement to Oregon's Mike Berry, who didn't make the 400 final, pointing out that last year he [Nellum] didn't even make the NCAA final and then made the Olympic team and won a silver medal on the 4 x 400.
- LSU's Damar Forbes Jumps Longest Jump In The US This Year With 27-4 3/4 To Win Title
- UO's Mike Berry Bounces Back From 400 Disappointment To Anchor His 4 X 400 Team To Advance To Saturday's Final Article also talks about an interesting thing we've seen in the field events, where a green laser is used to mark the leading jump/throw for the fans watching (they turn if off when the athletes are competing). Pretty cool.
- Interview With UO Coach Robert Johnson After Day 2
- Decathlon: Texas' Johannes Hock Wins Title, Oregon's Dakota Keys Only 11th
- Men's 110 Hurdles Semifinal: UO's Cabral, Spencer Adams Of Clemson, Wayne Davis II Of Texas A&M Set Up Showdown
2013 Pre Classic *Friday Full Results *Saturday Full Results *Individual Event Results *LRC Post-Race Video Interviews
Friday Night: Women's 800: LRC Phoebe Wright Gets The Win, Ajee Wilson's Winning Streak Comes To An End And Gabrielle Anderson PRs Wright ran 2:00.85 as Wilson was 3rd (2:01.24).
Friday Night: RRW/LRC Rabbits Falter, Kenenisa Bekele Outkicks Merga For 27:12 Win The 13:18 first 5k never materialized. In the end, Bekele was better than everyone else over the last 200 but he's got some work to do to scare Mo Farah.
Men's International Mile: LRC James Magut Wins, No HS Sub-4 As Will Leer Gets Top American Honors, As Andrew Wheating Runs "Scared" It was a little windy and the times disappointed, but the post-race interviews with Leer, Wheating and Montoya certainly didn't as they were full of insight.
Men's National 1,500: LRC Men's National 1,500: Garrett Heath Wins, Chris Solinsky's Lacking Speed And Alan Webb Struggles But Is Happy Garrett Heath got the win, but our focus in what was basically the "C" heat was firmly on the two Olympians and American record holders (one former, one current) in Webb and Solinsky. Neither ran fast. Webb was next-to-last in 3:45, but even more stunning than that time was the fact that the famously impatient Webb, who is on his fourth coach in four years, was very upbeat afterwards. *Alan Webb Interview
Lance Armstrong In The News
- Interesting: USA Today Prints Ongoing Text Conversation Between Lance Armstrong And Betsy Andreu That Show Armstrong Avoiding Meeting Up To Apologize
- Nike Cuts Ties With LiveStrong Foundation
- Boston Marathon Bombing Victim And His Rescuer Honored At Boston Red Sox Game They are the two from this well known photo after the blast.
- Two Ultra-Marathoners Running From DC To Boston To Raise Money For Boston Bombing Victims They have raised over $52,000 so far.
adidas GP Men's Distance Recap (Rest Of Meet In Middle Column) *Results *LRC Winners Photo Gallery *LRC Post-Race Video Interviews
LRC Men's 800 Even Rain Can't Stop David Rudisha; A Fall Robs Erik Sowinski Of Another Great Finish David
Rudisha won as expected and Erik Sowsinki's good form continued as Robby Andrews still is searching for the breakthrough.
Recommended Read: NY Times Writes Feature On Colm O'Connell And David Rudisha: Improbably, Missionary's Work Is To Mentor Kenyan Stars
*MB: Rudisha's SECRET revealed: time operates differently for him!
*Brit Andrew Osagie Wins Race For 2nd Behind Rudisha In 800m
LRC Men's 5k Hagos Gebrhiwet Establishes Himself As Mo Farah's Biggest Rival, Ben True Runs Well American Ben True's fine 2013 continued with a 4th place finish ahead of Dejen Gebremeskel.
*RRW Distance Recap: Rudisha Cruises Despite Conditions, Gebrhiwet, Aregawi, Frazier And Saarel Win
Dream Mile/100: DyeStat Dream Race Coverage: Ben Saarel Closes Last Lap In 56 To Win In 4:02.72; Edward Cheserek Was 3rd In 4:05.36, Andres Arroyo 8th (4:08.41) In the girl's dream mile, Wesley Frazier won in 4:39.17. Cameron Burrell won the boy's Dream 100 (10.40) and Ky Westbrook won the girl's race in 11.52.
*Duke Recruits Go 1-2-3 In New York DL HS Girls' Mile
*On The Boards: BEN SAAREL 4:02.78!!! *Andres Arroyo O U C H *Boy's Mile Race Video *Girl's Mile Race Video
LRC Post-Race Interviews: Men: *David Rudisha *Leo Manzano (talks about no Nike deal) *Ben True *Robby Andrews (might run 800 at USAs) *Erik Sowinski After Fall *Ibrahim Jeilan
HS: *Ben Saarel Dream Mile Winner *Bernie Montoya *Andres Arroyo
For Those Who Don't Think Genes Matter: HSer Cameron Burrell Wins adidas Dream 100 On The Same Track His Dad Leroy Set The WR At 9.91, Beating Carl Lewis In 1991 Burrell's father is a former WR holder and a 4 x 100 gold medalist from the 1992 Olympics. His mom also won a gold medal in the '92 Games running the heats of the 4 x 100. Yeah, good genetics matter.
2 Reviews & 1 Book Excerpt From John McDonnell: The Most Successful NCAA Coach In History
LRC Book Review By Former Hog Marlon Boykins: "Two Thumbs Up:"
book is full of insight into the hard-working, team-first ethos that
made us such a successful." We had two people review the book, including the 1:47 man Boykins, who was at Arkansas at the pinnacle of its heyday. "It was a self-contained UBER-COMPETITIVE atmosphere ... the sprinters, jumpers and distance guys all trying to show which group reigned supreme ..."
Book Excerpt The Legendary Story Of The 1989 Penn Relays DMR, Where 4 Kids From Arkansas, Texas And Missouri Beat 4 African Olympians And The Olympic 1,500m Champ The 1989 Mount St. Mary's Penn Relays DMR team featured 4 African Olympians, including 1988 Olympic 1,500m champ Peter Rono. John McDonnell's Arkansas squad featured 4 kids from Texas, Missouri and Arkansas. A legendary motivational speech by McDonnell and Joe Falcon on the anchor made for one of the great upsets in Penn Relays history. Read all about it in this excerpt from the new John McDonnell biography.
LRC Review #2 John McDonnell D2 Coach Torrey Olson We had Olson, who has an MFA in creative writing, give his take. "It's got a lot to offer anyone interested in an incredibly sustained passion for the both the sport and the profession."
Tuesday Track Action
Toronto: Robby Andrews Beaten By Over 2 Seconds In 800, Running 1:49.74 The American star has a lot of work to do now. Andrews was 4th in a relatively slow race.
*Toronto Games Recap: Derek Drouin Win In HJ And Damian Warner Win In Hurdles Are Highlights
*Main Results Full results here. Zane Robertson ran 3:40 in 1,500.
Moscow: World Champ Mariya Abakumova's Javelin Highlights Moscow World Champs Preview Meet Yuriy Borzakovskiy finished 2nd to Andre Oliver in the 800m. Dwain Chambers won the 100m. *Full Results
Wednesday's Distance News
- UK Athletics Aware Mo Farah Worked With John Smith Apparently some in the UK regard Smith as a controversial coach. A one-off meeting doesn't concern us at all.
- Former Arkansas Star Shawn Forrest Selected For Australian Team For Worlds In Marathon, Talks About Training By Himself In North Carolina
- Haile G Excited By Haile Gebrselassie Marathon
- Jamaica 800 Star Kenia Sinclair May Miss Rest Of Season After Getting In Car Accident
- Bring Back The Mile Reaches Halfway Point
Recommended Read: Race Director For Grandma's Marathon Scott Keenan - The Longest-Serving Race Director In The USA - Is Retiring He's been at Grandma's basically since the beginning, 37 years, and has made the race his life.
- Let The Scramble Begin Michigan Men's Track Coach Retires
- Few Dozen People Greet National Champ Florida Gators When They Return Home Thank goodness for the soccer coach with the homemade sign.
- Kevin Liao Asks: If Josh Mance Hadn't Transferred Away, Could USC Have Delivered Coach Ron Allice A National Title In His 50th And Final Year? Kind of a moot point as Mance didn't even make it a semester at FSU before a gun incident did him in.
- Daily Emerald's Best Photos From 2013 NCAAs
- Sacramento Having Trouble Drawing Elite Track Meets
News From Over The Pond
- Brits Remember Olympic And Commonwealth Medallist Donna Hartley-Wass, Who Died Recently At Age 58 The 400 runner turned body builder died while sun bathing.
- Brits Hold On Distance Night, Dave Bedford Attends And Gives Out Awards To 29:53.37 Winner
- Hurdler Andy Pozzi Out For Rest Of Season With Navicular Injury
- A Profile Of Ireland's New Jr. 100H Record Holder Sarah Lavin, Who Bagged Princeton In December After Less Than One Semester
- Is Christian Taylor Likely To Take Down Jonathan Edwards' TJ WR?
Good News: NY Times Says You May Only Need To Go To A Dentist Once A Year The bad news is you have certain risk factors you should go more than twice a year.
The 2013 NCAA Championships - Women's Coverage *Live Results *Heat Sheets *LRC Post-Race Interviews *LRC Day 4 Photos *LRC Day 3 Photos *LRC Day 2 Photos *LRC Day 1 Photos *LRC $20,013 Prediction Contest Scores
LRC Women's 1,500: Oklahoma State's Natalja Piliusina Weaves Her Way From Seventh To First In The Final
To Win Florida's Cory McGee ended up a well-deserved second in 4:13.94.
LRC Women's 3,000m Steeplechase: Emma Coburn Wins Her Second NCAA Steeple Title As Colleen Quigley Gets The "A" Coburn got the win here, but wasn't nearly as dominant as she usually is in an NCAA steeplechase, as FSU's Colleen Quigley finished only 2.85 seconds back after a fast last lap.
*Emma Coburn Signs With New Balance To Begin Her Professional Career She's decided not to hire an agent.
*2nd Coburn-NB article She'll stay in Boulder to continue to be coached by Mark Wetmore and be a volunteer assistant at CU. She said, "In all of my conversations with companies, I made it very clear that no matter what, I'm staying in Boulder. No one protested ..."
Team Competition (Kansas Wins, Oregon Denied The Triple Crown): Kansas Wins First Women's NCAA Title In School History Stanley Redwine's program has risen as the Jayhawks look to recapture the track and field glory they used to enjoy when it was a men's only program. Kansas won with 60 points to Texas A&M's 44 and Oregon's 43.
*Oregonian: Oregon Women Unravel, English Gardner shocks everyone and says she's going pro early All we can say is good luck getting a big deal from Nike. Of course, it might look bad for the Swoosh if the beloved Gardner signs with someone else.
*Oregonian: Tough finish for a UO program with higher aspirations
Jesse Squire Blogs: "Worst Announcing Ever" At 2013 NCAA Meet
Other Events: *Women's High Jump ... Brigetta Barrett Of Arizona Ends Career With Record Sixth HJ Title
*Brianna Rollins Runs 12.39 In 100H WOW is all we can say. Truly incredible.
LRC Day 4 Photos
Non NCAA Saturday/Sunday Action: Hengelo & Oakley NYC Mini *Full Rabat Results *Mini Results
- Frenchman Christophe Lemaitre Stuns Justin Gatlin To Win 100m In Rabat, Morocco Winning 9.98 To 10.02; Kim Collins Was 3rd
*MB: Gatlin goes down! Could a white man win the 100m at Moscow 2013?!?!?
*Full Results: Mohammed Aman Wins 800 In 1:44.37 Over Duane Solomon (1:44.91) Olympic bronze medalist Thomas Longosiwa won the 5k in 13:03 and Ethiopia's Hiwott Ayalew beat Lydia Chepkurui in a close steeplechase 9:18.72 to 9:18.77. Also Hellen Obiri won the 1,500 (4:03.55) and Russian bronze medalist Ekaterina Poistogova won the 800 in 1:59.80.
- Yohan Blake Returns From Injury With A 200m Win In Kingston In 20.72; Says He Feels "Rusty"
- Leonard Korir Wins The Garden Of The Gods Ten Mile Run In 50:48 On Tough Course Belainesh Gebre won the women's race in a CR with 58:45.
- Hengelo Results: In addition to Bekele dropping out, Silas Kiplagat continued his winning ways, young French 800m runner Pierre-Ambroise Bosse got a nice win and Abeba Aregawi dropped down to the 800.
*MB: Kenenisa Bekele Drops Out Of Hengelo 5k The winning time was 13:04 but it proved to be too hot for Bekele.
- NY Mini: Mamitu Daska Cruises To Victory At 42nd Oakley New York Mini 10-K, Desiree Davila Returns To Racing Daska had no trouble defeating Linet Masai. Mattie Suver was top American ahead of Stephanie Rothstein Bruce and Desiree Davila in her first race in nearly a year. *Results
Day 3 Coverage
LRC Women's 5,000: Abbey D'Agostino Repeats And Denies Jordan Hasay The Storybook Ending
somewhat surprisingly had the lead on the last lap and the Oregon crowd was going nuts until Abbey D battled back and won going away.
*MB: Abbey D wins Betsy 2nd, Jordan 3rd.
*MB: Abbey challenged by hasay, blows her away
LRC Women's 800: Natoya Goule Completes Undefeated Season and Pulls Five Others To Lifetime PRs Goule became the 4th-fastest collegian in history and just missed the coveted 2:00 barrier as Oregon's Laura Roesler had to settlle for runner-up honors.
- AP Day 3 Recap
- Register-Guard: It's A Magic Moment For English Gardner In The 100 As Her 10.96 Victory Leads Oregon's 32 Points On Friday To Make It A Title Race Our interview with Gardner is here.
- UO Coach Robert Johnson: "It's not over yet. I think we still have some battles to fight. But anytime you have that big of a deficit, you really have to get going. We have to find those points somewhere."
- Stanford's Kori Carter Wins 400H In A Collegiate Record Of 53.21 Seconds Last year she was dead last. Now she'll have a good shot at making the US Moscow team, but says she's being the "worst maids of honor of all-time" because US Champs are the same week as her sister's wedding.
- South Dakota's Bethany Buell Wins Pole Vault In 14-7 1/4, Tying The NCAA Meet Record
- Ashley Spencer Of Illinois Upsets Shaunae Miller Of Georgia To Win Women's 400 In 50.28
- Kansas' Lindsay Vollmer Upsets Arkasnas' Pre-Meet Favorite Makeba Alcide For Heptathlon Win
- San Diego's Shanieka Thomas Leaps 46-4 3/4 To Win TJ
- 2008 Olympic 110H Champ Dayron Robles Looking To Represent Another Country? Robles requested to leave the Cuban athletics team in January, but it looks like the Cuban Federation will do what they can to stop him from running for someone else.
- Former GB 400H Olympic 4 X 4 Bronze Medalist Donna Hartley-Wass Dies Suddenly At Age 58
LRC Betsy Saina Comes Through As Favorite And Wins 10k; Emma Bates Third Saina delivered as the favorite as she ran away from Aliphine Tuliamuk-Bolton on the last lap. Top American honors went to Boise State sophomore Emma Bates.
2013 Rome Golden Gala *Full Results *Event-By-Event Results *MB: Official 2013 Rome Golden Gala Diamond League Thread LRC *Rome Photo Gallery
*Results LRC Rome Photo Gallery
LRC Women's 1,500: Abeba Aregawi Dominates As Jenny Simpson Runs Race Of Her Life* To Finish Third American Jenny Simpson is in the form of her life and we have the stats to prove it - way better than when she was world champ. The problem is Sweden's Abeba Aregawi is on another planet right now.
On The Boards: LR, Stop the hyperbole! Race of her life? Jenny Simpson won WC gold!
LRC Men's 100: Justin Gatlin Stuns Usain Bolt In Rome If Bolt losing isn't rare enough, how about this - Bolt got off to a self-described "perfect start" and still lost to Gatlin.
*MB: Gatlin 9.94 over Bolt in Rome
*Lauren Fleshman Tweets: "Wish I could get excited about an American off a drug suspension beating a world record holder, but nope. #RomeDL."
*After Loss, Bolt Puts Loss In Perspective & Says He'll Be Back Guardian Good news is Bolt says his hamstring is fine. Up next is a 200m in Oslo next week.
LRC Men's 5,000: Yenew Alamirew Stuns Hagos Gebrhiwet Hagos Gebrhiwet ran 12:55 but he was no match for the 23-year-old Alamirew, who closed in 54 to get the win after only finishing third at Pre. Meanwhile, Pre winner Edwin Soi was just 5th.
*MB: ALAMIREW OVER GEBRIWHET!!! 12:54 with 54 last lap!!
LRC Rest Of Meet: Aman Wins 8 Over New French Star, Allyson Felix Gets Beaten Badly, Fall In Steeple, Jump-Off In High Jump, And Almost A Home Win In Triple Lots of drama before a nice crowd in Rome. A 21-year-old Frenchman emerged in the 800, Allyson Felix ran her worst 200 since 2005 and much more.
*USATF List Of US Performances
*Milcah Chemos Gets Win In Steeple, Other Kenyans Fair Poorly In Rome Daily Nation
2013 Pre Classic *Friday Full Results *Saturday Full Results *Individual Event Results *LRC Post-Race Video Interviews
LRC Women's 800: Mary Cain Breaks 2:00 As Francine Niyonsaba Dominates Niysonaba was fantastic and got a new meet record. Also running amazingliy was American Brenda Martinez, but both were overshadowed by the 17-year-old Cain.
*Oregonian: Mary Cain shatters 31-year-old national high school record
*Mary Cain Yahoo Photos
LRC Men's 5,000: Mo Farah Is Beaten By Edwin Soi As Galen Rupp Finishes Sixth Dathan Ritzenhein ran the 2nd-fastest time of his career and Chris Derrick almost took top American-born honors but Galen Rupp's pride enabled him to mow them down in the last 100m.
*Oregonian: Edwin Cheruiyot Soi hands Mo Farah his first loss in an outdoor final in almost two years at the Pre Classic
*Eugene Register-Guard: Soi's saucy kick shoves Farah, Rupp aside *Register Guard Photo
LRC Bowerman Mile: Silas Kiplagat Steals The Race From Asbel Kiprop At The Line As 10 Guys Run 3:51 Or Faster Matthew Centrowitz and Lopez Lomong both ran 3:51 but wanted more as it's never fun to finish 9th and 10th.
LRC Men's Steeple: Conseslus Kipruto Survives Ezekiel Kemboi's Shove; Evan Jager 8:08 The men's steeple had everybody, including a mouth-watering dual between the future (Kipruto) and present rulers (Kemboi), that more than lived up to the hype. Evan Jager was right there until the last 250.
LRC Women's 5,000: Tirunesh Dibaba Survives A Scare From Mercy Cherono Dibaba won but boy did she have to work for it on the thrilling last lap. Kim Conley PRed to grab top American honors.
LRC Women's 1,500: Hellen Obiri Wins In 3:58 As Treniere Moser And Sheila Reid Run 4:02 Alberto Salazar's magic continued as the 31-year-old Moser crushed her 2006 PR.
LRC Men's 800: Mohammed Aman Dominates As Nick Symmonds Debuts In Third An encouraging race for both Aman and Symmonds, who are dreaming of gold in Moscow.