When Life Gives You Lemons, Go Race A Marathon In Japan
- This Weekend: A Look At The Elite Field For The Yokohama International Women's Marathon Top internationals include Lydia Cheromei (2:21:30), Amy Hastings, Kim Smith and Jo Pavey, while the Japanese women will try to hit Japan's new strict sub-2:24 standard to qualify for their Moscow World Champs team.
- Dec. 2nd: Martin Lel, Scott Overall, Ryan Vail, Tim Nelson, Brent Vaughn Added To Fukuoka Marathon Field After Missing Out On NYC Field already includes Haile Gebrselassie, Martin Mathathi, Mo Trafeh, Reid Coolsaet, Ryan Bak and Japan runners Arata Fujiwara and Yuki Kawauchi.
*MB: Martin Lel, Nelson, Bairu, Vaughn, Vail to run FUKUOKA Marathon
- Recommended Read: New Jersey-New York Track Club Elite Miler Liam Boylan-Pett Responds To All The Negative Press Coming From The NY Post Against Mary Wittenberg & The NYRR The NY Post says Wittenberg should resign, but we say these authors who distorted the truth to purposely cause controversy should be the ones to lose their jobs. Includes a quote from LRC's Rojo.
Yet Another Great Dies Too Young
Former 10k WR Holder Joseph Kimani Has Died At Age 40 The former road superstar
took down the world's best in the
10k by a ridiculous 30 seconds in the summer of 1996 as he ran a still unthinkable 27:04 at Peachtree. He won
virtually every big road race in the US at least once, also set a 12k WR, and is still the CR holder at Boilermaker.
More: *LRC MB Remembrances of Kimani
*RRW Article On Kimani
*Utica Observer Dispatch: Joseph Kimani, Boilermaker all-time great, dies at age 40
*Kimani's Death Getting Mentioned In Slovenia (Translated)
*AJC: Peachtree record holder passes away
UK Administrative Stuff: Olympic Stadium Situation Still A Mess
- Olympic Stadium Debacle Catching A Lot Of Heat As It Might Take Longer To Figure Out What To Do With It And Convert It Than It Did To Build It There is talk of the stadium not reopening until after the opening ceremonies of Rio 2016, which would just be ridiculous.
- UKA Chairman Ed Warner: "The legacy use was scheduled to start in two years' time and now it might be four years' time which strikes me as ludicrous ..."
- Three Men Arrested For Spying During The Controversial Bid War Over The Olympic Stadium There are allegations that they were hired by rival bidder Tottenham to spy on West Ham.
- UK Sport Investing A £27m National Lottery Campaign To Try And Bring More Major Sporting Events To Britain But will they have a stadium to put them in?
- London Bidding To Host The 2017 Paralympic World Championships In Addition To The Track World Champs Don't worry, the stadium should almost definitely be ready by then.
- Seb Coe "Frustrated" At Lack Of Opportunities For Sport In Schools
- Q&A With Olympic Medalist And BBC Commentator Brendan Foster
Quick Work: 2008 & 2012 Olympic Javelin Champion (And Former UMinn Gopher) Barbora Spotakova Is Pregnant And Will Not Compete In 2013 "I don't fear losing my appetite for sport - it's in my blood. My partner and I have been really hoping for this, we've allowed things to take their course and we've succeeded."
A Case That Makes The Caster Semenya Situation Seem Like A Fairy Tale
Female Gold Medallist, Pinki Pramanik, Formally Charged With Rape After Being Determined
To Be Male - She Says No, It's Just Result Of Drugs I Took
*Asian Games Gold Medallist Pinki Pramanik Charged With Rape After Medical Reports Confirm Her As Male
*Pinki Pramanik Blames Injections For Her "Masculine" Physique
*Pinki Pramanik Plans Defamation Case Against Cops, Prosecutor
*Medical Reports Confirm Pinki Is A Male
*Police Forcing Me To Commit Suicide, Says Pinki Praminik
Laughable: Cycling Head Pat McQuaid Says UCI Will Establish Confidential Doping Hotline To Build Trust & Says Releases Open Letter to Peloton That Says He's Been A Leader In Anti-Doping Movement It's a little too late for gestures and false statements like this: "The UCI has always been a pioneer in the fight against doping, a fact recognised by WADA (World Anti-Doping Agency) and the IOC (International Olympic Committee) among others," wrote McQuaid in his letter addressed "Dear rider."
More Weekend Results
- Stanley Biwott Shatters Rock 'N' Roll San Antonio Half Marathon CR 1:01:11 He was originally supposed to run the NYC marathon last weekend before it was cancelled.
- 2012-13 IAAF XC Series Gets Under Way As Imane Merga Holds Off Kenya's 4th Placers For Narrow Win The runner-up was Kenya's 5k 4th finisher, Vincent Chepkok, and 10k 4th
placer (and 2012 WL) Emmanuel Bett was third. London 5th placer in the steeple, Ayalew Hiwot, destroyed Linet Masai to win the women's crown.
*Ireland's Euro XC Champ Fionnuala Britton Finishes 4th
- An Irish Kip Litton? Irish Runner Cuts Dublin City Marathon Course Closing In 1:07:20 After Running The First Half In 1:23:17
Richmond Marathon, Half & 8k + Athens, Beirut & Istanbul Marathons *Richmond Photos
Neely Spence Runs With Dad Steve For 3 Miles Then Smashes 8k Course Record With 25:22 Win Steve ran 25:45. Ethiopians won the half marathons. Mengstu Nebsi set a CR at 1:03:21 as Hirut Beyen ran 1:15.14. *Discuss
Kenya's Kipkoech Ruto Wins Richmond Marathon In 2:15 As American Christo Landry Debuts In 2:17 After Pushing Pace Early Hoping For 2:12
Aziza Aliyu Of Ethiopia - Who Was Going To Run In New York - Blows Away Women's Field In 2:40:21 A pretty easy run for Aliyu, who has a 2:36 PR.
Pre-Race: Richmond Marathon Acquires A New York Accent Not too much of one as the first place prize was only $2,500.
Istanbul:Tortoise Beats The Hare Stephan Chebogut Picks up $50,000 & Wins Istanbul Marathon By 4 + Minutes In 2:11:05 As Leaders Blow Up After Going Out In 62:47 (new link) Koren Jelela won the women's title in 2:28:05.
Athens: Marathon Record Is Now 2:11:35 Thanks To Raymond Bett That's a long way from the 2:58:50 that won the 1896 Olympics. The women's race was won in 2:40:00.
*59-Year-Old Man Running 10k As Part Of Athens Marathon Dies From Heart Attack After Finishing
Beirut: 33,000 Run As Ethiopia's Kedir Fekadu Wins In 2:12:57 Saeda Kedir won the women's race in 2:35:08 as American Mary Akor was third in 2:37:32.
Other Marathon News: Great News: Philly Takes 1,360 NY Would-Be Marathoners - Says They'll Donate $100 Hurricane Sandy Relief
*Ridiculous: New York Marathon Giving Out Finisher Medals Even Though No One Finished The Race
Kenyan XC Meet
- She's Back 2010 World XC Champ Emily Chebet Wins 2nd Straight Kenyan XC Meet As 5th Placer From Kenyan Trials, 10,000 Geoffrey Kirui, Dominates Men's Kirui won by 13 seconds. *Results
- Kenyan Recap Of XC Meet Boston runner-up Jemimah Chelagat was 2nd.
- More Kenya-Related News: P. Makau And R. Mota Honoured With Awards At A Gala Dinner On The Occasion Of The 30th Anniversary Of Both The Association Of International Marathons
Pre-Race: LRC John Kellogg's Projected Team And Individual Qualifiers Thanks to message board poster "devils advocate," we were able to tell you what teams and individuals would get in if JK's
picks hold up.
LRC NCAA XC Regional And National Polls: The Numbers Are In Nate Silver is still crunching his numbers for NCAAs, but the LRC polls are in. We've got the national and regional top 10 before regional action. John Kellogg's Pre-Regional Projected 2012 NCAA Cross-Country Team and Individual Qualifiers
LRC John Kellogg's 2012 Individual NCAA Cross Country Formchart - The Top 10 Individuals Who has in the inside track on being the King and Queen of collegiate running? Will an American man crack the top 10? Could a true frosh American woman win it all? What about Jordan Hasay?
LRC John Kellogg's Amazing Regional Previews LRC stats/prediction/coaching guru John Kellogg, the one man on the planet who saw the possibility of the 2:03:02 coming before Boston 2011, tells you what he sees coming on Friday at the NCAA Cross-Country Regionals.
*Northeast Region *Mid-Atlantic *Southeast *South *South Central *Great Lakes *Midwest *Mountain *West
*RunningTimes Looks At The "At Large Bid" Process For Making It Into NCAAs Dartmouth coach Barry Harwick: "It's a really fair system, without any backroom politicking."
*Good Oregonian Profile On Oregon's Top Runner This Year, Alexi Pappas, Who Came In As A Grad Student After Finishing At Dartmouth Last Year Pappas: "Our team is dangerous. With the work we've put in, if we come with confidence there is no telling how great we can be."
- David Rudisha: WR Holder And Now Movie Star In The Movie "The First" Movie on his WR setting win at London 2012. *Trailer
- Ethiopians Abay Girma And Argachew Tadesse Lead Field For Kass Marathon Next Sunday In Kenya There's a $5,000 bonus for the first foreigner across the line.
- Kenyan XC Today: 2010 World XC Champ Emily Chebet Headlines Field In 2nd Of 7 Meet Series Peter Matelong (Richard Matelong's younger brother), Hosea Macharinyang and Isaac Korir lead men's field.
*World XC News: IAAF Members Conclude Their Visit To Bydgoszcz, Poland To Inspect The Site Of The 2013 World Cross-Country Championships On March 24th Everything seems to be in order."
US News: Lolo Jones Wins Bobsled World Cup Silver Medal
- Lolo Jones' Team Wins Silver At Bobsled World Cup Tianna Madison and her partner took bronze. Jones said, "I'm kind of in shock."
*Videos Of Lolo Jones And Tianna Madison In Bobsled Action
NCAA Cross-Country Is Almost Here
LRC $200,012 NCAA Cross-Country Nationals D1 Prediction Contest Nationals are this SATURDAY (not Monday) and just in time, our world famous prediction contest is back. You could win $200,012 or $2,012 or nothing. All you have to do is pick your top ten teams and top ten individuals from our guide.
*Final DI National Rankings Have Oklahoma State And Florida State As #1s
*The Wood Report: Guy Who Gave You Previews For All Conference Champs Predicts Top Men's Teams & Individuals At NCAAs He goes through and predicts the top 50 individuals.
LRC DII NCAA Cross-Country Nationals Prediction Contest link fixed Who says we don't love you on LetsRun.com?
*DII News And NCAA Previews From New Running Website Huxley Running Company
LRC DIII NCAA Cross-Country Nationals Prediction Contest After you enter, email your friends if you want DIII to get more love on LRC in the future.
More NCAA News:
*OSU Coach Dave Smith Says His Team Is "Racing A Little Angry" At NCAAs "We are hungry again. Last year stung pretty badly. We are training and racing with a chip on our shoulder, like we did in previous years. We are running like we have something to prove, training and racing a little angry."
*Stanford Teams Happy With Where They're At After Regionals
*Q&A With Iowa State's Meaghan Nelson On The Team's Training And Outlook Ahead Of NCAAs She says her mileage has got up to 100-plus, and many others are in the 70-100 range.
Kenyan News: Paul Tergat Is On The IOC
- Sammy Wanjiru Honored By Commonwealth Games Federation & Paul Tergat Chosen To Succeed Kip Keino As Kenya's Representative On The IOC Executive Board The award included $379, which was given to
one of his wiveshis wife. She gave the money to the Wanjiru Foundation, which aids local races and is helping the local hospital buy equipment that could have possibly saved Wanjiru.
- Caroline Kilel Among Athletes Vying For Overall Jackpot In 3-Part Safaricom Gusii Golden Kebirigo 10km Road Series Winner gets $584, a cow, a goat and a sack of maize. Cha-ching!
- Big Surprise: AK President Isaiah Kiplagat Urges Retired Kenyan Athletes To Take Up Management Of Current Runners Rather Than Use Foreign Agents "It is not economically healthy for all the agents to be from abroad. If our agents take care of our athletes, the benefit would be for the Kenyans."
- Heated Debate Continues At Eldoret Athlete Seminar Beteween KRA And Runners Over The Taxation Of Prize Money
Pro Track/Road News
- Jamaican Press Criticizes IAAF For Not Including Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce On Short List For World Athlete Of The Year Award However they do concede that she won three gold medals to Fraser-Pryce's one and even mention their surprise that Ashton Eaton was left off the men's list.
- Valerie Adams, Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce, Sally Pearson, Jessica Ennis & Allyson Felix Nominated For Laureus Sportswoman Of The Year Award Non-track athletes nominated include Serena Williams, Missy Franklin and Japanese wrestler Saori Yoshid.
- Neely Spence Says She's Looking Forward To Being Part Of The US's Kiden Team Competing At The Chiba Ekiden Later This Month
- Ashton Eaton's Coach, Harry Marra, Named USATF Coach Of The Year www.usatf.org He also coaches Eaton's fiance Brianne Theisen.
- Mid-D Runner Ryan Gregson Criticizes Decision Of Australian Soccer Teams To Go Train At High Altitude In Boulder Or Flagstaff During November
- Olympic Heptathlon Champ Jessica Ennis Wants To Join The 7,000-Point Club Her best is 6,955, while three in history have broken 7,000, the WR holder being US's Jackie Joyner-Kersee (7,291).
Previous NCAA News
There's Smart And Then Stanford Smart NCAA Okays Private Plane To Take Stanford's Miles Unterreiner To Rhodes Scholarship Interview From NCAA XC Meet
*AP Article On Unterreiner
*D3 Runner Annie Lydens Of Pomona Pitzer Will Skip NCAAs To Go To Interview
*MB: NCAA XC vs Rhodes Scholarship
Oscar P Receives Honorary Doctorate From Glasgow's Strathclyde University - A Leader In Prosthetic Research *Daily Mail On Oscar P
After 3 Days In Cell With 40 Men, One Open Toilet And A Blanket That Had Not Been Washed In Years, Former World High Jump Champion Jacques Freitag Gets Bail
National Security Issues Start With Running:
Wall Street Journal Examines Paula Broadwell And David Petraeus' Running: "Paula Broadwell Is Faster Than You" She ran 1:36 for the half marathon at 39.
Recommended Reads And Seb Coe News
- Recommended Read: Having Recently Won $500,000 WMM Title, Geoffrey Mutai Hasn't Forgot His Poor Upbringing & Remembers How He Borrowed Money To Run 2007 Kass Marathon This year's edition of the race is this year and Mutai says the winner will be able to get top 3 in Boston.
- Recommended Read: Brothers Futsum Zienasellassie And Bahlbi Gebreyohanns
Talk About Being Separated & Now Reunited Again At NAU
- A Nice Q&A With Former Olympic Medallist And TV Columnist Extraordinaire Brendan Foster
Speaking Of Recommended Reads, A Few People Actually Have Emailed And Said That His New Autobiography Is A RR Despite Monday's Terrible Review
- Seb Coe Talks To Sky Sport About His New Book And Olympic Memories From London 2012
- IOC President Jacques Rogge Has Expressed Caution About The Chances Of Sebastian Coe Becoming A Member Of The Olympic Body Next Year
- Even Though They Brought In 50% More Money Than Any Other Olympics Through Ticket Sales, Politicians Are Still Expected To Criticize Seb Coe On Wednesday
- 2014 NCAA Indoors Will Be In Albuquerque - A Look At The City's Long History With Indoor T&F
- Japan's Most Famous Amateur Female Marathoner, Chihiro Tanaka - Now In Her 40s - Talks About Running The Athens Marathon Last Weekend For years, she was the Japanese national record for a mother at 2:29:30.
- Olympic Champs Ezekiel Kemboi And D. Rudisha Are Among 200 Kenyan Athletes Invited To Seminar On Doping, Taxation, Insurance, Investments
- Awards Season Is Approaching Valerie Adams, Allyson Felix And Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce Are Among Six Finalists For Laureus Sportswoman Of The Year Award
Pro News: Galen Rupp Will Be Back At It November 23rd In Japan
- Looking Ahead To Japan's November 23rd International Chiba Ekiden Top names on the start list include Galen Rupp, Kenya's Olympic marathon silver medalist Priscah Jeptoo, and Canada's Olympic marathoner Reid Coolsaet.
- Geoffrey Mutai Talks About His First Big Marathon Win At The Kass Marathon Back In 2007 Before that 2007 race, Mutai couldn't even afford the entry fee and had to borrow money to register, but after his finish his manager first discovered him and set him up with his first World Marathon Major.
- Recommended Read: Part 1 Of A 3-Part Piece By 3:54 Miler Jon Rankin On Why Elite Athletes Shouldn't Cheat "But doesn’t becoming the best entail knowing that YOU are standing on the podium because you're the one responsible for achieving your performance, and not because you used something that was made in a lab? Personally, I wouldn't be able to live with that lie."
- Ashton Eaton And Allyson Felix Named "Jesse Owens Athletes Of The Year" This is Felix's fourth time winning.
*Q&A With Felix And Eaton Felix says she'll probably move up to the 400 for Rio 2016 and that she won't be running indoors this year.
- The Victorian Institute Of Sport Drops Craig Mottram From Their Funding List In Favor Of Younger Athletes "With A Better Chance Of Winning Medals"
- Oscar P Receives Honorary Degree From Scotland's Strathclyde University
NYC News: NYPD To Refund Fees Paid By NYC Marathon Police fees were the main reason entry fees spiked for the 2012 marathon.
- Last Year's Top HS Senior Futsum Zienasellassie Happy To Be Reunited With His Brother Bahlbi Gebreyohanns On The NAU Cross-Country Team They were both originally from Eritrea and immigrated here with their parents, but came over 5 years apart.
- USTFCCCA All-Region Honorees Announced for NCAA Division I Cross-Country
- Updated DIII National Ranks: Haverford Men, MIT Women Lead
*All-Region Named DIII
Recommended Read If You Are A Seb Coe Fan
British Journalist Reads Seb Coe's Autobiography, Interviews Him And Then Totally Pans Him As An "Uninspiring" Bore We don't think we've ever read a more critical review of someone who is such a success.
Nice Read: 20-Year-Old Irish Pentathlete, Whose Inspiration Is Steve Prefontaine, Has Painfully Made Himself Into One Of The World's Elite With Just A Ton Of Hard Work
Japan And China Go To War Over A Marathon?
- Update: Correction: Japanese Now Can Compete In Beijing - Chinese Say "Administrative Oversight" Kept Japanese Out Initially If you believe that, you are a fool.
- As A Result Of Japan-China Territorial Dispute And Protests, Beijing Marathon Bans Japanese Citizens "For Their Own Safety" The race, which was originally scheduled for Oct., was cancelled by the Communist party earlier in the year but it came out on Nov. 7 that it would take place in 18 days.
*Despite Controversy And 2 Weeks Training Time, Beijing Marathon Is Hot - 26,000+ Applications In Two Days
More News From Japan:
Japan's Sole Olympic 5,000/10,000 Runner Yuki Sato - Is Dreaming Of Marathon Medal In Rio Sato, a 13:23/27:38 performer, ran in London with "B" qualifiers but will likely move up for Rio.
- Japan's 2:07 Man Arata Fujiwara Is Running December's Fukuoka Marathon For One Reason - He Wants To Beat The Great Amateur Yuki Kawauchi "Once the Olympics were finished and I had to think about what would motivate me next, I thought a showdown with him would be the most fun."
- Incoming Japanese Federation Marathon Director On Kawauchi: "I want him to keep doing things in his own style."
A Bit Random But Very Interesting
Jamaica's - Yes Jamaica's - Kemoy Campbell Is Arkansas' #1 XC Man Right Now The Jamaican junior record holder at 1,500 (3:42 from 2008 when he was just
17) and 14:18 is running well in his first year at Arkansas.
Cam Levins Will Move On Without His Southern Utah Coach Eric Houle - He's Getting Ready For Attempt At Canadian XC Title #3 Looks like the Malcolm Gladwell look-alike will be coached by Speed River's Dave Scott-Thomas, but Houle deserves a ton of props in our minds for just letting Levins run that much.
Not Sure If This Is Funny/Sad
Janitor At San Diego's Mission Bay Park - Home Of USA XC In 2008 And 2011 - Says Runners, Particulary Women, Are Mean *Discuss
Alberto - Time To Put This In The Nike Budget
Mushroom That Supposedly Powered Record-Breaking Ma's Army (Chinese Women) In 1990s Now Sells For Thousands Of Dollars Per Pound *Longer Article On Mushroom Translated In German
Proof Everyone Reads LetsRun? Days After We Bemoaned Fact Superstars Didn't Exist Anymore - It's Brought Back
Has This Been Alberto Certified?
Mo Farah To Face Other British Gold Medallists In Superstars Competition Sounds like fun as they'll do races over 100m and 800m, archery, javelin, a 50m swim, a kayak race, a cycling hill climb and the challenges in the gym tests.
*MB Archive: Superstars Competition half-mile run record is 1:57.36?
*MB Archive: 1981 Superstars Half Mile
Meet Hosting News
- Q&A With Millrose Games Meet Director Howard Schmertz, Who Is Being Inducted Into USATF Hall Of Fame One of the things he's most proud of is that "In the 106 years that the Millrose Games have been held, it has never been cancelled for any reason - weather, war or whatever." Too bad the NYC Marathon can't say the same.
- IAAF Delegation Finishes First Formal Visit To Eugene To Inspect The Site Of The 2014 World Junior Championships
- After Being Eliminated By Selectors In Both 2016 And 2020, Qatar Plans To Bid Again To Host The Olympics In 2024
It's Hard To Keep Up With LetsRun.com's Cutting Edge Design
- Staff Forced To Flee IOC Headquarters In Lausanne Due To Flooding
- Did You Miss Out On Tickets For London 2012? Report Says That 1,000s Of Tickets To "In-Demand" Olympic Events Went Unsold Report claims that there were over 2,000 unsold tickets for track events and even hundreds for the opening and closing ceremonies.
Former Rice University All-American Becky Wade Traveling The World And Blogging On Her Experience With Different Running Cultures Currently she's spending 2 months in Ethiopia working with the Yaya Girls Program, which tries to help female Ethiopians through job training, language classes, and distance running. *MB Thread
- NY Times: Lance Armstrong Cuts Official Ties With Livestrong Charity
- UCI Chief Medical Officer Says Cycling Is Getting Cleaner And That They Didn't Have The Tools To Stop Cheats In The Days Of Armstrong
- Joe Newton's York HS Remains Only School To Qualify For Every NXN Finals - 9 Straight
- From Last Week: Canadian HSer Runs Entire Rocky, Snowy, Icy 6.7 Km XC Race With One Shoe - Finishes 2nd
NCAA Regionals *Men's Results *Women's Results *Saturday: DIII Regional Results
LRC Official 2012 NCAA D1 Cross-Country Fields Announced Everything that we told you would happen did happen.
LRC Men's Results From All 9 Regions In 1 Place We give you all the team finishers plus the top 25 individual finishers for each region.
LRC Women's Results From All 9 Regions In 1 Place
LRC Projected Men's NCAA Qualifying Teams Famed message board poster "devils advocate" (okay, we just heard of him today) has run the numbers through his computer program and tells you who is in and who is out.
*LRC Projected Women's NCAA Qualifying Teams
*MB: NCAA DI Region Results
- West: Jordan Hasay Wins West Regional As UO Women Get Their First Regional Win Since 1995 Cal Poly's Laura Hollander was 2nd individual. Stanford won on the men's side with University of Portland 2nd and UO men were 4th as a team. Lawi Lalang dominated as Stephen Sambu was 2nd and Trevor Dunbar 3rd. *UO Article
- South: Florida State Women Go 1-2-3 To Absolutely Dominate As Bernard Lagat's Sister Violah Gets The Individual Win
*Florida State Men Win As Well With Jakub Zivec Taking 1st
- Northeast: Iona Men And Mitch Goose Win Northeast Regional; Columbia And Syracuse A Close 2-3
*Providence Puts 4 In The Top 8 To Win Women's Title; Abbey D'Agostino Returned From Injury To Take The Individual Win
*Interview With Abbey D'Agostino
- Great Lakes: Mohammed Ahmed Leads Wisconsin Men To Their 11th Straight Regional Title
*Michigan Women And Ohio University's Julie Accurso Take Great Lakes Regional
- Mid-Atlantic: Georgetown Men Win Mid-Atlantic Over Villanova & Princeton Temple's Travis Mahoney was first over the line.
*Penn State Women Beat Georgetown By Only 2 Points As Villanova's Nicky Akande Wins Individually
- Mid-West: Oklahoma And Oklahoma State Men Tie For Midwest Title; Tulsa 3rd By Only 2pts Tulsa's Chris O'Hare won over OSU's Girma Mecheso. Iowa State's Betsy Saina led her team to the women's crown.
- Mountain: Northern Arizona Men Win Over BYU And Colorado; Texas Tech's Kennedy Kithuka Wins Easily
*Weber State Women Win As Colorado Is Back In 3rd UTEP's Risper Kimaiyo beat Colorado's Shalaya Kipp.
- South Central: Texas Men, Arkansas Women Win South Central Regional Texas A&M's Henry Lelei and Texas' Marielle Hall were the individual winners.
- Southeast: Kentucky's Cally Macumber Wins As Duke Women Take Team Title
*Virginia Men Win Southeast Region; Eastern Kentucky's Soufiane Bouchikhi Beat Out UNC-Greensboro's Paul Chelimo
New Scientific Study Says Ice Baths Don't Actually Help Athletes With Recovery After Exercises Yeah, and there are also studies which say you're less likely to be injured if you run on the hard pavement instead of soft trails.
More On Athlete Contracts: LRC Jesse Williams Of Brooks Sports: Brooks Shoe Contracts Don't Have Reduction Clauses
Field Event News
- Former HJ World Champ (2003) Jacques Freitag Arrested After Running Red Light - Had Drug "Cat" On Him He is one of only 8 people to ever win world championships at youth, junior and senior levels.
- Olympic, World And European Discus Champ Robert Harting Says Britain's Lawrence Okoye Will Be Man To Beat In A Few Years Let one thing be clear. Harting is the man to beat now. Many likely don't realize he hasn't lost in 33 straight competitions dating to 2010.
- World XC Champ Imane Merga Leads Deep Field Including Dejen Gebremeskel & Vincent Chepkok At Spanish XC Race Tomorrow World XC silver medallist Linet Masai leads women's field against Mercy Cherono, Priscah Jepleting, Belaynesh Oljira and Hiwot Ayalew.
*Last Year's Euro XC Champ Fionnuala Britton Also In Field
- Ethiopian Alemitu Abera (2:23 PR) Defending Her Istanbul Marathon Title Against 2:24 Woman Tetiana Gamera-Shmyrko & Turk Sultan Haydar (2:25) A slew of 2:08 runners in Megersa Bacha, Stephen Chebogut, Evans Kiplagat and Nicholas Kemboi lead men's field.
- Athens Marathon: Kenya's 2:07 Man Raymond Bett Wants To Take Back His Title From 2010 He hasn't ran that fast since 2007 and is up against Mesfin Hailu (2:09:50), Alex Kirui (2:09:38) and Japhet Korir (2:10:50).