- Debbie Dunn Tests Positive
- The Telegraph: "Presence of Returning Drug Cheats Means We May Have to Suspend Disbelief at Games" Deer Russia, the first step to solving a doping problem is admitting you have one.
- Comrades Marathon Winner’s B-Sample Has Tested Positive Apparently his lawyers are angry SA broke "confidentiality" by announcing the results.
US/International Olympic News
- Good Interview With Emma Coburn "I have 11 more months of being a collegian, and 11 years of being a professional."
- Athletics Canada nominates Five More to Olympic Games Team
*5 Questions With Olympian Sheila Reid She says when she first got the call she was confused because she thought the appeal process was over.
- Uniform Controversy: Philip Hersh To US Congress: "Put up or shut up." "Until the U.S. government starts providing funds for Olympic athletes, as every other government in the world does, Congress has no truck telling the U.S. Olympic Committee where to get its uniforms or where they should be made."
*Ralph Lauren Promises 2014 Olympic Uniforms Will Be Made In USA
- Video: Tommie Smith On Black Power Salute: 'That national anthem was the longest song I've ever heard'
- Update On Irish 4x4 Controversy: OCI Will Hear Caitriona Cuddihy's Appeal Against Her Deselection Early Next Week
- 1996 Marathon Olympian Eddy Hellebuyck Says He's Living In A Homeless Shelter Hellebuyck is a confessed doper and says his ex-wife (also former agent) stole all his savings to cover it up.
- What Are The Longest Standing Track And Field World Records? Not surprisingly, you have a lot of doped up women's records from the 80's.
- School Board Might Ban Vibram 5-Fingers
LRC Meet Sarah Attar - Saudi Arabia's First Female Track & Field Athlete The woman who will make history in traditional Islamic attire at the Olympics is a Pepperdine sophomore who runs in shorts during the collegiate season. She's never run an 800 in college, but that's
what she'll run in London.
*NY Times: Attar's Family Asked School Website To Take Down Photos Of Her Competing In Singlet And Shorts
US/Canada Pro News
- Meb Keflezighi Thinks He Has Another PR In Him For London Says he's never been at "high mileage" for a marathoner, as he never hit 150 (highest is 136) and is usually between 115-130.
- Recommended Read: They Told Gunshot Victim Bryshon Nellum He May Never Walk Again, But Now He's An Olympian Coach Ron Allice: "I'm happy he's going to the Olympics. But as far as I'm concerned, he's already won."
- Sheila Reid Will Be An Olympian: After A Second Appeal Sheila Reid Named To Canadian Team
*Athletics Canada Official Release
- Two Stanford Stars & NCAA Champs Are Going To Olympics - But Not In Distance Events Katerina Stefanidi (wPV) and Amaechi Morton (m400H) did what Chris Derrick was unable to do - win an NCAA title and make the Olympics.
- A Look At Kim Conley And The Group Which Helped Fund Her Olympic Dream, The Sacramento Running Association Director John Mansoor: "The number of texts and e-mails I've gotten, suddenly everybody thinks anything's possible."
- Pat Tyson Talks About Steve Prefontaine And Says The Pre Movies Are Only About 50% Accurate Read the book "Pre" or watch the movie "Fire On The Track" if you want the 100% true story.
- Women's 100 Hurdles Highlight Toronto’s National Track League Finale As It Included 5 Of 6 Canadians With "A" Standard Nikkita Holder won in 12.83. Nate Brannen easily won the 1500m in 3:38.68.
- NY Times: Jeneba Tarmoh And Her Agent Still Unhappy About How Dead Heat Controversy Was Handled Tarmoh says she felt they "were puppets" and her agent complained that they had no chance to appeal initial decision since they didn't hear from USATF until later that night. We can confirm that since we were there.
- LRC Day-By-Day OT Coverage If you were living under a rock during the trials, go here to catch up.
- Senator Furious That US Olympic Dress Uniforms Were Made In China And Says "They should ... put them in a big pile and burn them." Not to mention the competition uniforms have almost no white or blue.
- Joe Paterno's Name Taken Off Nike Facility
- Michael Phelps Responds To Teammate Calling Him Lazy *MB: Lazy Phelps called out by Clary
- What's Next For DyeStat? John Dye: "It's totally up in the air at this point. ... I hope that something does come through."
- Recommended Read: A Peek Inside At The Top Athletes Looking for an Edge and the Scientists Trying to Stop Them Great article. A little doping science, history, and inside stories all wrapped up into one.
- Do As I Say, Not As I Do: Dwain Chambers Warns Olympic Athletes Of Doping Dangers "World records can be done cleanly. I got worse on drugs. It did not help me in any capacity. It made me a very unsociable person and ruined my career and the image of the sport."
US Pros In The News
- Galen Rupp Switches Agents From Michael Johnson To Ricky Simms *Discuss
- ESPN The Magazine: Body Issue 2012 (Featuring Ashton Eaton, Walter Dix)
- Brief Chat With US Trials Steeple 3rd Placer Kyle Alcorn He finished 5 seconds ahead of 4th place, but collapsed on the track when he finished as he was all out and running scared right up until the line.
- USA Today Q&A With Reese Hoffa, Who Says TV Camera Angles Make Him Look As Tall As Everyone Else Even Though He's Only 5' 11" "There's a lot of time between now and then, and who knows what could potentially happen to me. I could be walking to my car and fall off the curb wrong and there goes my ankle. I'm trying to be very careful on curbs."
Cherobon-Bawcom Only Started Running At Age 19 After Randomly Getting A
Ride From Peter Rono And Came To The US With A 5k PR Over 20 Minutes
*Q&A With Cherobon-Bawcom "To be honest, I was so sick in Eugene that I can't even pretend that I had a strategy. "
- Good Profile On US Trials LJ Champ Brittney Reese "I can say it feels good, hearing that I'm the favorite, but [in Beijing], I was the favorite to win the bronze and I went out there and got fifth."
- Ashton Eaton And Allyson Felix Are Among Athletes Who Could Get 6-Figure Endorsement Deals If They Win Gold In London
- Twitter: List Of US Olympic Track Athletes On Twitter
LRC 2012 Ethiopian Olympic Track & Field Team Named: Mr. Silver Sileshi Sihine Stays At Home - Tirunesh Dibaba Only "Reserve" In Women's 5,000
*Crazy: After Diamond League Win, Swedish Govt. Gives 1,500 Ace Abeba Aregawi Citizenship & Files Suit With IAAF Saying She Should Represent Them, Not Ethiopia, In Olympics The article, which is based off an Ethiopian report, says Aregawi's citizenship request had been going nowhere until her sudden fame and that she wants to represent Ethiopia. Given Ethiopia's press manipulation, this should be interesting to see how it develops.
*Update: Swedes Have Totally Different Story: Aregawi Really Wants To Compete For Sweden But Ethiopians Have Taken Her Cell Phone & Threatened Her (Translated form Swedish)
Weekend Results: 1:56.76 For Jelimo, Two World Leads For The US
- Belgium: Pamela Jelimo Sets World-Leading 1:56.76 19-year-old Abraham Kipchirchir Rotich (paced by US's Matt Scherer) ran 1:43.15 in the 800, while Albert Kiprop won the 5,000 in 13:01.91. *Full Results
*Kenyan Coach Thinks Jelimo Can Get 800m WR The WR is 1:53.28 and her PR is 1:54.01.
- Illinois Gill Field Fest: Jenn Suhr Vaults World-Leading 15-10
*Video: US Trials 3rd-Place Shot Putter Christian Cantwell Throws World-Leading 22.31m
- Madrid (Full Results): Cayman Islands' Kemar Hyman Wins 100 With His First-Ever Sub-10 At 9.95 Molly Beckwith was 2nd in the 800 in 2:00.35 as Shannon Rowbury was 10th in 2:04.53. Lolo Jones won the 100 hurdles in 12.70 Steve Hooker continued his string of horrible performances as he no-heighted in the PV.
*Jamaica's Kemar Bailey-Cole Also Joins Sub-10 Club With 9.98
- Belarus: Nadzeya Ostapchuk Sets Shot Put World Lead At 21.39m Olympic champ Valerie Adams could be in trouble.
Amateur Hour II
Update: Nike Responds (Like We Thought They Would) "Gaining entry into the Nike box is an informal process and we plan to review our protocol for access for future events." *MB: Mark Block: Nike
LRC Why Was A Man In The Midst Of A 10-Year Doping Ban Enjoying The 2012 US Olympic Track & Field Trials From The Nike Sky Box? If you thought the days of looking the other way at doping were totally over, then you need to read this. Supposed former agent/coach Mark Block, who is in the midst of a 10-year doping ban, was seen by LetsRun.com njoying the Trials in the sky box of the #1 sponsor of both USATF and the Olympic Trials - Nike. All we can say is shameful. *MB: Discuss
2012 US Olympic Trials *Results *LRC Trials YouTube Channel *Photos: Day 1 (10ks), Day 2 (Eaton), Day 3 (100, 400), Day 4 (800), Day 7 (5,000s), Day 8 (W Steeple), Day 9 (200, 110H) *LRC Day-By-Day Coverage *Sunday Oregonian Photo Gallery
Three Best Punch Their Tickets To London As Leo Gets US Title #1 Leo Manzano, the man who had been top three every year since 2006, finally got the win he deserved but even he didn't expect. Manzano chased down Centro to get his first national title as Wheating pulled away from Robby Andrews to get third. *Men's
LRC World #1 Uceny, World Champ Simpson And Medallist Rowbury Get It Done The Big 3 came through as US #1 Morgan Uceny got her second straight US title with Rowbury 2nd and Simpson third. LetsRun.com recap hopefully coming later. *Women's Race Video
*After Winning The State XC Title As A Freshman, Morgan Uceny Quit Her Junior Year To Focus On Basketball That's what you do when you live in Indiana in a small town of 10,033 that has a high school basketball gym that seats 4,600
The US Olympic Trials *Results *TV Schedule *LRC Trials YouTube Channel *Photos: Day 1 (10ks), Day 2 (Eaton), Day 3 (100, 400), Day 4 *Check Prediction Contest Scores *LRC Day-By-Day Coverage
LRC The Women's 5,000 Final - The Olympic Trials At Its Absolute Best This race is what the Olympic Trials are all about. The race had the American record holder in the race, it had seven women with the "A" standard in it, and it had a bunch without the "A" who dreamed of the "A" and were wiling to do the work to try to get it. At the finish, there was a surprise winner in Julie Culley and American record holder Molly Huddle finished 2nd to make her first Olympic team. But for eternity, this race will be remembered for one thing - the most thrilling of victories and the most agonizing of defeats - and by victory and defeat we mean the victory of finishing third and defeat of finishing fourth.
hursday Photo Gallery (Click Below. We Don't Have A Great Photo Of The Women's 5k Finish. For A Great Photo Of It, Click Here.)
LRC Ashton Eaton Sets WR & Mesmerizes On And Off The Track The former Oregon star
was sensational and got the world record after a big PR in
that sent the Hayward faithful into a frenzy. Afterwards, he sent the media into a frenzy with an amazing press conference.
LRC If You've Got 20 Minutes, Watch This Ashton Eaton Press Conference The world record holder is cerebral and fascinating.
Classy Move Of Year: Curtis Beach Lets Eaton Cross Line First As He Breaks WR - Eaton Wishes He "Could Be As Graceful" As Beach (link fixed) "I just thought it would be better for Ashton to win as he broke the world record."
*Eaton Uses Hayward Field Magic To Help Set World Record
*Ashton Eaton World Record Photo Essay
Olympic Champ Bryan Clay DQed In Hurdles *Clay, After Hurdles DQ: "It's The Worst Feeling Ever"
What About The Sport? LRC This Doesn't Have To Be The End For Bryan Clay; He Should Do A Decathlon Next Week
Friday At The Trials - Day 1
Rupp Puts On A Clinic As The Sub-13 Guys Punch Their Tickets To London Galen Rupp won and the three sub-13:00 guys made the team but this race held in a downpour was full of drama. Chris Derrick continued his fine 2012 in fourth. Recap, splits, results, and post-race interviews.
LRC Day 1 Photos Gallery
LRC Men's Post-Race 10,000m Reaction
London Diamond League Is Friday/Saturday *Day 1 Results *Start Lists/Results *LRC Previews: *Day 1 *Day 2 * (TV Replay 8 & 11 PM ET) *Internet Broadcast 10:00 AM ET Saturday *BBC Link
LRC Friday Recap: Mo Farah, Vivian Cheruiyot Win With Ease As Maryam Jamal Shocks Women's 1,500 Field Mo Farah beat a week field that included training partner Dathan Ritzenhein, the American 1500m women did not impress, Vivian Cheruiyot kept it going, and Aries Merritt stepped up again as Tyson Gay came from behind to win.
More: RRW 5000 Recap: Mo Farah And Vivian Cheruiyot Win Tactical Races
*Tyson Gay Wins 100 In 10.03 US Trials 3rd placer Ryan Bailey was 2nd.
*MB: Nick Symmonds Barred From London DL According to his Twitter account, meet director Ian Stewart said he was a "liability".
*IAAF Recap: Aries Merritt Equals His WL To Win 110 Hurdles As Liu Xiang Pulls Out Of Final With Back Problem
*Video Interview With Dathan Ritzenhein After 13:15 5th Place Finish
*Asafa Powell Claims Sitting Out Was More A Precaution And Will Be Good For The Olympics
*RobbieGrabarz Says The Turning Point In His Career/Life Was Last Year When His Coach Cussed Him Out "He told me my attitude was s---. Don’t waste my f------ time. Why are you bothering? Go away, ask yourself." He responded by PR'ing by 8cm this year to be ranked #2 in the world.
*Javier Culson Beats Dai Greene 47.78 to 48.10 Looking ahead, Greene says three rounds at the Olympics is very different than a "one-off event' like the DL.
*Steve Hooker No Heights
*Perri Shakes-Drayton Wins 400H In 53.77 To Become Second Fastest Brit Woman Ever
*2012 Aviva London Grand Prix Day 1 Results
*LRC Day 2 Preview: An Awesome Men's Mile Day 2 isn't quite as good as day 1, but the mile is going to be great with Silas Kiplagat, Nick Willis, Leo Manzano and Bernard Lagat. There also is an 800 with Abubaker Kaki, Matt Centrowitz and many of Nick Symmonds' rivals for a bronze medal, and a women's 800 and women's steeple. In other actions, Phillips Idowu will clash with world champ Christian Taylor in the triple, world champ Carmelita Jeter runs in the 100, world champ Sally Pearson runs in the 100 hurdles, which features the top 7 from 2012, world champ Kirani James is in the 400, and more.
London DL Pre-Meet News: Asafa Powell Pulls Out With Groin Injury
*Tyson Gay, Mo Farah And Vivian Cheruiyot Talk In London DL Press Conference So did Liu Xiang, Sally Pearson and Dai Greene.
*Mo Farah On Paris DL 5000: "It makes me think if they can run that I can run faster."
*A Look At UK Athletes Competing Dai Greene, Dwain Chambers, Mo Farah, Phillips Idowu, Hannah England, among others.
International Olympic News
- Saudi Arabia To Send Two Women Competitors To London 2012 One of them is Sarah Attar in the 800. Now hopefully they start implementing opportunities for women in athletics instead of paying it lip service.
*Philip Hersh Says Recent Gender News Isn't Quite As Good As It Seems Still needs to generate change at home.
- Ireland's Fionnuala Britton, Who Has Qualified For Olympics In Steeple, 5 And 10, Gets Some Pub On Irish Radio
- Embarrassing Games Tour Bus Gets Lost On First Official Tour Of Olympic Park
LRC What Does The Paris 5,000 Mean For Galen Rupp's Medal Chances? Before Friday, only 10 men in history had broken 12:50 for 5,000. Now after on amazing race, 16 guys have done it. Surely this is the end of Galen Rupp's medal chances, right? Wrong. We argue that once one gets over the initial shock of the "6 Guys Under 12:50 In Paris" headline, then one realizes there were plenty of encouraging results in Paris for Rupp. *Discuss
Samsung DL Paris *Results *MB Discussion *LRC Winners Photo Gallery
LRC Paris Recap: A Sensational Men's 5,000, A Troubling Women's 1,500, And David Rudisha's 1:41 Highlight Fans of Galen Rupp, Bernard Lagat,
Kenenisa Bekele, Jenny Simpson
and Morgan Uceny probably had a hard time watching this meet as the results of the men's 5,000 and women's 1,500 were stunning to stay the least. Plus Tyson Gay vs. Justin Gatlin. Read all about it. *Discuss
*Results (video highlights for US visitiors in player on right)
*LRC Winners Photo Gallery
*Gaining Confidence After Paris Win, Tyson Gay Says Men's 100 "Is Open For The Games"
*Athletics Weekly Full Meet Recap Here *IAAF *Reuters
*World Champ Dai Greene PRs In Hurdles But Loses To Javier Culson
*Vanity Fair: David Rudisha: The Best Olympic Track Star You've Never Heard Of
*MB 12:46.81 *Bekele runs 12:55 on a bad day. What are Rupp and Farah thinking? *So what does the 5K results mean? No Gold for Rupp? *Galen Rupp Would Have Been 11th In Paris 5000m *Did that Paris 5k set any records for place? *Kenenisa Says He Is Not Defending His 5000m Title *Paris Meet All DOPED UP *W1500m A JOKE: 1 and 2 served doping bans *The Fastest 5000m In The Last 2 Years Will Be Run In Paris Friday
Usain Bolt Is Out (Temporarily)
LRC After Two Losses At Jamaican Champs, Usain Bolt's Glen Mills Pulls Him From Monaco Diamond League Meet On July 20th Mills says at the Jamaican champs Bolt had a "slight problem" and that he's pulling track's biggest star from the Monaco meet to "give him sufficient time for treatment and time to train and prepare for the Olympic Games in London." We're not sure if the slight problem was an injury or just the losses, but Bolt says he'll be ready for the Olympics: "I will be in London to defend my titles in the 100, 200 and 4 x 100 metres."
Peachtree *Results *Race Website
Peter Kirui Wins Peachtree As Defending Champ Sammy Kitwara Finishes 8th Kiriui won a close race over Micah Kogo and Matthew Kisorio. Bobby Mack was 13th. Mamitu Daska won the women's race.
Blade Runner Going To London: Oscar P Named To SA Team In Open 400 And 4 X 4 Relay Despite Not Hitting A Second "A" Standard
Amateur Hour Comes To An End
Rec. Read: Tim Layden's Final Column On The Non-Runoff After a tiny bit of help from the initial LRC interview
timer Roger Jennings that kicked this off
in some ways, Layden owned this story. Another excellent, in-depth read. Three cheers for Tim Layden's coverage. Layden reveals the timer Roger Jennings has only now been overruled twice in his life. Layden has criticism for Max Siegel and Stephanie Hightower who "enacted a stunning display of non-leadership throughout the week."
*Tarmoh Wouldn't Have Much Of A Legal Case If She Filed Suit, Says Expert
More General Post-Trials: A Look At First-Time Olympians, Including 32-Year-Old Carmelita Jeter USA Today "Historically, most people weren't able to go to a second or third Games because they had to put food on the table."
*A Look At US Team: Dix, Clay, Wariner, Jackson, Oliver Staying Home
*Arizona's Brigetta Barrett Now A Medal Threat For The US In The High Jump
Swimming: 45-Year-Old Swimmer Dana Torres Misses Olympics By .10
Down Goes Bolt #2: Blake 19.80 Over Bolt 19.83 Bolt had the lead in this one and ran horribly the last 100. Video here.
*Bolt: "It is not like I was blown away. I know what I need to do to get it right."
On The Boards: BOLT IS DONE!!!!
*Jamaica 200m Trials
*Blake wins again!
Three Distance Finals Take Place Thursday *Oregonian Day 7 Photos
M 5,000: LRC Lucky 13 - Galen Rupp Snaps Winless Streak In Style - 52.54 Last Lap Beats Bernard Lagat & Steve Prefontaine's Meet Record Galen Rupp entered
the Olympic Trials 0 for 12 against Bernard Lagat during his lifetime but he left 1 for 13 and boy was it impressive. Not only did he win, but Rupp let it came down to the last 400 and then outkicked the 2nd-fastest man ever at 1,500. His last 400 was faster than what won Mo Farah World Championships gold last year.
M Steeple: LRC Evan Jager Wins With Ease As Three First-Time Olympians Punch Their Tickets To London Jager, Cabral, Alcorn. And a very happy 4th placer - former 4:22 HSer Donald Cowart.
*LRC Steeplechase Interviews
*Oregonian Recap Of Jager's Tongue-Wagging, Fist-Pumping Win
- 400: University Of Illinois' NCAA Champ Ashley Spencer Skipped The Trials To Focus On World Juniors With a 50.95 PR, she had a decent shot at making the team (at least on the relay). Young athletes all assume they'll have more chances 4 years from now, but with injuries it doesn't always work out. But if you make it, then "Once you're an Olympian you're always an Olympian."
- Webb Speaks: Alan Webb On His Past Brilliance: "I sometimes wonder how I did it myself." "Maybe I inspired everybody too much, like I created a monster, and now I have to run against these guys."
More Olympic Trials Monday Distance
LRC Montano Hangs On, Gall Comes On, Schmidt Sneaks In, And Beckwith Has A 4-Year Wait Alysia Montano won as expected, but this one was close. 5 women were in contention for 3 Olympic spots and Molly Beckwith was the unlucky 4th place loser in a dramatic final 20 meters. *Race Video
800m Final Photos (Click Below For Gallery)
Eugene Saturday *LRC Trials YouTube Channel
LRC The Inside Story Of How Jeneba Tarmoh First Saw The 100m Finish Photo On The LetsRun.com Laptop Roughly 3 Hours After The Race
the 100m, but the story was the battle for the third spot between training partners Jeneba Tarmoh and Allyson Felix. At first,
Tarmoh was announced in third by .001 but then after
the stands had emptied, a dead
heat was announced. We thought we were the only ones not knowing what was going on, until next thing we knew Tarmoh was looking at the finish photo on Wejo's laptop (pic on right).
LRC An Exclusive Interview With The Man Responsible For Reading The Allyson Felix 100m Finish Picture LetsRun.com exclusively caught up Roger Jennings, the man whose job it is to determine who finished third and who got fourth, and the timing whiz explained how it was determined there was a dead heat. Plus we do a little bit of research and determine that even though USATF has said there is no protocol for breaking a tie, that the USATF rule book does in fact envision such a scenario and has a solution - an old-fashioned drawing of lots!!!
LRC Lolo Jones' Third Place Steals The Show In The Olympic Trials Hurdles Final Lolo turned around her season in 24 hours after a "reality meltdown" following round one. She said, "I woke up today and did not think I would make the team. I was fighting a constant head battle to get through this. I had my sports psychologist on speed dial 1, my pastor on speed dial 2, and my mom on speed dial 3 ..."
Day 2 Photo Gallery (Eaton World Record)
Day 1 Trials Photo Gallery
World Junior Champs Start Tuesday *Schedule/Results *Nice On-Site Coverage By NSSF *Live Video Stream *Meet Central With Interviews, Photos, Event-By-Event Recaps
- Day 4: RRW Recap Of Distance Prelims Mary Cain through to the finals with 4:14.77 (Jordan Hasay's HS record is 4:14.50).
- Ashley Spencer Wins 400 In 50.50 To Set Championship Record It was the fastest time by a junior since Sanya Richards-Ross set the US junior record in 2004. But just think, if she had ran at the Trials she'd be an Olympian (in the 4x4).
- USATF Recap: 7 Medals (2 Gold) For Team USA Kendell Williams was only 8th in the heptathlon, but set a US high school record.
- IAAF WJC Day 4 Evening Report: Anthonique Strachan Wins 200 To Complete 100/200 Double Delano Williams won the men's 200 (20.48) over US's Aaron Ernest (20.53) in 2nd and Tyreek Hill (20.54) in 3rd.
- US's Eric Futch Wins 400m Hurdles In 50.24
- Brazil's Thiago da Silva Wins PV With 5.55m
- Spanish Dancer Turned TJer Ana Peleteiro Is WJ Champ
- USATF AM Recap Princeton’s Eddie Owens made it to the steeple final with 8:52.99. *IAAF AM Report
- Best Ever Anti-Doping Education Program Held In Barcelona Says IAAF Ambassador Wilson Kipketer
- US's Katarina Johnson-Thompson Wins LJ With 6.81m
- Even After Being A World Junior Champ And Making Olympics, Adam Gemili Says He's Still Debating Between A Career In Track Or Soccer
- DyeStat Article On Cayla Hatton, Brianna Nerud, and Ajee Wilson Impressive Performances
- Day 3: Ajee Wilson Wins 800 in 2:00.91, Brianna Nerud Breaks American Junior Steeple Record (10:00.72) for 5th Kenya's 15-yr old Daisy Jepkemei won the steeple in 9:47.22. Qatar's Hamza Driouch won the 1500m (3:39.04).
- UK's Jessica Judd Was 2nd In The 800 To Wilson
- USATF Recap Of Day 3 Qualifying Rounds: 100m silver medalist Aaron Ernest & 200 WJ leader Tyreek Hill through easily in 200 rounds.
- USATF Day 3 Finals Recap *IAAF Day 3 PM Report *Morning Report
- Cuba's 110 World Junior Champ Yordan O'Farrill Set To Be The Next Dayron Robles
- 11 Nigerian Athletes Finally Secure Visas To Enter Spain And Compete 13 athletes were still left behind and Nigeria is seeking an explanation of why they were denied in the first place.
- Irish Teenager Joanna Mills Involved In Irish 4x4 Controversy Performs Well In 400H * *Explanation on controversy here.
- Day 2: IAAF Profile Decathlon Champ Gunnar Nixon "I almost came into the tears the last 20 metres because I knew I had won it. No lows, no bad events in this meet, I’m so happy."
- Tyson Gay Praises Adam Gemili Saying He Thinks He'll Be "One Of The Greatest Sprinters Of All Time" Gay adds he wants gold in London and seems to hide a bit of
resentment at Justin Gatlin.
*Could Adam Gemili Become The First Sub-10 Second Junior?
*GemiliIs 4th GB Sprinter In Past 14-Yrs To Win World Junior 100, But None Of His Predecessors Have Gone On To Equal Senior Success
*Teammate Says Gemili Was Sometimes "Too Quick" For Soccer More British praise here.
- Gunnar Nixon Wins Decathlon With New American Junior Record
- USATF Day 2 Qualifying Recap: Ajee Wilson Eases To 2nd In Her Heat To Make Final
- Adam Gemili Sets Championship Record As He Wins 100 In 10.05 LSU freshman Aaron Ernest was 2nd and Jamaica's Odean Skeen took bronze.
- Ethiopia's Buze Diriba Wins 5,000 In Photo Finish Over Her Training Partner Ruti Aga She ran 15:32.94 to Aga's 15:32.95. Cayla Hatton was 4th place in the 5k with 15:50.32 (second-fastest ever by a high schooler and seventh-best all-time among American juniors). Oregon Allie Woodward was 8th.
- NZ's Jacko Gill Is The Shot Put Champ With A Championship Record Of 22.20m He was disappointed he didn't get David Storl's World Junior record of 22.73m, but he's only 17, so he still has time.
- IAAF Day 2 PM Report Bahamas' Anthonique Strachan becoming won the 100 in 11.20.
- Q&A With Swedish PVer Angelica Bengtsson, Who Will Defend Her Gold Medal From 2010
- IAAF Day 2 AM Report
- Day 1 PM: Mercy Chebwogen Wins Close World Junior 3,000 Gold For Kenya In 9:08.88 Was a close race with runner-up Ethiopian Hiwot Gebrekidan in 9:09.27 and GB's Emelia Gorecka 9:09.43.
- USATF: Day 1 PM World Juniors Recap: Aisling Cuffe (9:20.00) Finishes 6th - Nixon Leads Decathlon
- IAAF Day 1 PM Recap: Ethiopia's Yegrem Demelash Wins 10k By Beating Kenya's 26:55 Guy Geoffrey Kirui Peaking when it matters most is key. Kirui was 5th in the Kenyan Trials in Eugene.
*10k Champ Yigrem Demelash Looks Very Much Like A Young Haile G
- Germany's Shanice Craft Comes In With 16.16 PR - Leaves With 17.15 PR And Gold Medal (Her Dad Is American)
- Ajee Wilson Gets An IAAF Profile - XC Has Made Her Stronger
- Rec Read: Argentinian Javelin Stud Braian Toledo Hoping To Throw Way Out Of Poverty
- Day 1 AM: Girls HS Steeple Record Falls (10:08.15), Danielle Aragon & Ajee Wilson Advance, Izaic Yorks & A. Mudd Go Home *IAAF Day 1 AM Recap
- Britain's European Jr. XC Champ Emelia Gorecka Wins 3,000 Bronze (9:09.43)
- Nigerians Become Irate When Spanish Refuse To Give Them Visas
- DyeStat World Junior Champs Meet Central
- Brits Are Hoping 10.08 Guy Adam Gemili Will Become 4th Brit To Win World Jr. 100m Gold For some reason, we think this guy who also is going to the Olympics is overhyped and we'll give $100 to the charity of his choice if he wins World Jr. gold in the individual 100m.
6 Guys Break 12:50
Paris DL Photo Gallery (Click Here Or Below)
Blake Beats Bolt X 2 In 200
Emma Coburn Gets Emotional With Teammate Shalaya Kipp After Making Olympics
The Race Of The Trials: Julia Lucas' Agony Of Defeat (Race Video Here, More 5k W Interviews Here, Men 5k Here, Men Steeple Here)
Alan Webb's 2012 Olympic Dream Is Over (More On This Here (Link Fixed)). More Trials Videos Here
Tyler Mulder Showing The Emotion Of The Trials
BAA 10k 2012 BAA 10k Results
Geoffrey Mutai Runs 27:29 In Boston, Kim Smith Wins
We think Sam Chelanga still has a good chance to win $100,000 despite being crushed by nearly a minute.
Kenyan Trials *Mid-D/Distance Results
- King David Rudisha Runs 1:42.12 Altitude WR To Put Kenyan Crowd Into A Frenzy King David wasn't the only one to excite the crowd as even bigger cheers went
to Ezekiel Kemboi, who set the crowd afire when he pulled up to eventual steeple winner Brimin Kipruto and seemingly motioned to let him win with 50m to go before re-enacting his famous "Daegu jig" at the finish. Asbel Kiprop barely qualified (3rd) as Olympic champ Nancy Lagat, Linet Masai
and Paul Kipsiele Koech fell by the wayside.
*Kemboi's Dance Gets More Cheers Than Rudisha's Win
*MB: Rudisha's 1:42.12 NEW ALTITUDE WR!!! Brimin Kipruto 8:11 steeplechase and Isaiah Koech 13:09 as well, if this isn't a troll.
*MB: Kiprop 3rd: "It's a good thing that I did not win the Trials since the pressure that comes with it is too much."
- AP Recap: Rudisha, Jelimo And Cheruiyot Win
LRC Exclusive: Timer Explains The Allyson Felix Tie
Matt Taylor Speaks #2
LRC Redefine Running: Who's In Charge Of "The Sport" (link fixed) Last week Matt Taylor, the guy behind ChasingTradition, ChasingKimbia, ChasingGlory, and an upcoming Usain Bolt video game, told you running was dying. This week he tells you it's thriving. He explains the inconsistency. While the activity of running is thriving, the sport is dead with the mainstream sports fan. In the internet era, diehards get their fix, while Joe Sports-Fan has no idea who Matt Centrowitz is. How do we fix this?