The US Olympic Trials *Results *TV Schedule *LRC Trials YouTube Channel *LRC Day 1 Photos Gallery *Check Prediction Contest Scores *LRC Day-By-Day Coverage *Sunday Yahoo Photos
Justin Gatlin Wins The 100, Tyson Gay Makes The Team, Jeremy Wariner Goes Home, And Gunshot Victim Bryshon Nellum Makes The Team Nellum is a great story, as he was shot in both legs and has been coming back from that. He did not even make the NCAA final but made the London team. Interview with him here.
- Men's 400m: Recommended Read: Jeremy Wariner's Latest Defeat A Blow To Olympic Career Wariner walked through the interview area without stopping (video here) and that starts the author's article.
- Men's 100m: Justin Gatlin Wins The 100, Tyson Gay And Oregon Native Ryan Bailey Make The Team
- Women's 400m: Sanya Richards-Ross Runs 49.28 To Set Hayward Field Record In 400
- Shot Put: Reese Hoffa Wins Shot To Make His Third Olympic Team
- Discus: High Schooler Shelbi Vaughan Finishes 4th
- Long Jump: UT Football Player Marquise Goodwin Wins Long Jump
- Pole Vault: 32-Year-Old Former Oregon Duck Becky Holliday Finished 2nd To Make Team Behind Jenn Suhr
Sunday On The Boards: jeremy wariner i think you should start runing the 800 now
- USATF announced Dead Heat Solution For Allyson Felix & All Dead Heats
- Justin UNDEFEATED Gatlin
- Finish Line in Eugene
- Trafeh, Webb, Teg and Rupp in the same heat.
LRC Ashton Eaton Sets WR & Mesmerizes On And Off The Track The former Oregon star was sensational and got the world record after a big PR in
that sent the Hayward faithful into a frenzy. Afterwards, he sent the media into a frenzy with an amazing press conference.
LRC If You've Got 20 Minutes, Watch This Ashton Eaton Press Conference The world record holder is cerebral and fascinating.
Classy Move Of Year: Curtis Beach Lets Eaton Cross Line First As He Breaks WR - Eaton Wishes He "Could Be As Graceful" As Beach "I just thought it would be better for Ashton to win as he broke the world record."
*Eaton Uses Hayward Field Magic To Help Set World Record
*Ashton Eaton World Record Photo Essay
Olympic Champ Bryan Clay DQed In Hurdles *Clay, After Hurdles DQ: "It's The Worst Feeling Ever"
What About The Sport? LRC This Doesn't Have To Be The End For Bryan Clay; He Should Do A Decathlon Next Week
British Trials *Results *Post-Meet Interviews
- Sunday: Long Jumper Shara Proctor And Pole Vaulter Holly Bleasdale Set New British Records On Final Day Of British Trials
- James Ellington, Guy Who Auctioned Off His Sponsorship On Ebay, Runs 20.56 To Make Olympics In Britain
- A Look At Where British Selection For Olympics Stands After UK Trials
- 18-Year-Old 100m Sprinter Adam Gemili May Skip Olympics Despite Qualifying
Dwain Chambers Wins Shows 18-Year-Old Adam Gemili Who Is Boss & Wins UK 100m Trials Chambers still needs the 10.18 "A" standard. Mo Farah won his 1,500 heat easily in 3:47.51 and said he will definitely race Saturday's final. World 400H champ Dai Greene won his heat in 50.80.
*Chambers Yells "F*** Off" Repeatedly On Live TV In Exuberence After Big Win *Recommended Watch: Chambers Swears (also see below)
- Chambers: ""I just wanted to win and you need that bit of anger in you, but I'm sorry and I didn't mean it. The dream is still alive."
800 Semis: LRC Fans Get What They Deserve - Two Stacked 800 Finals The big guns all made the final as the top 6 men's and women's seeds will all be in the final on Monday. *Monti: Mulder Upstages Symmonds In 800m Semifinals
Recommended Read: Sports Illustrated: Children of the Internet era, Alan Webb & Dathan Ritzenhein know intense scrutiny LetsRun.com gets a prominent mention in the Tim Layden piece on how Ritz & Webb have had careers full of scrutiny since they were HS phenoms. Layden is the same guy who wrote a 2001 piece on Ritz & Webb for SI.
MB: Webb on LetsRun: "Way back in the beginning, it was fun,..(but now) every single thing I do is scrutinized by some blogger."
Solinsky's Injury Plight Gets Sympathy In WSJ Solinsky "At this time next year, I'm going to be back to where I was. I want to get out there and make it tough on people. That's what I'm looking forward to the most - making people hurt."
- BREAKING NEWS FELIX TIES FOR 3RD IN REVISED RESULTS??
- Eaton WR!
- Exclusive Interview With Man Responsible For Reading Women's 100 Final (Allyson Felix's Race) Finish Image
- Major props to NBC...
- Why can't Mark Wieczorek (made 800 final) get a sponsor???
- Nick Symmonds Says He May Have a Beer and a Burger Before the Final
- Why did Jock almost fail to advance to the finals?
- Seeing her now, there is now doubt in my mind Jeter is on s**t
Friday At The Trials - Day 1
LRC Galen Rupp Puts On A Clinic As The Sub-13 Guys Punch Their Tickets To London Galen Rupp won and the three sub-13:00 guys made the team but this race held in a downpour was full of drama. Chris Derrick continued his fine 2012 in fourth. Recap, splits, results, and post-race interviews.
LRC Day 1 Photos Gallery
LRC Men's Post-Race 10,000m Reaction
F*** Off F*** Off
LRC Olympic Track And Field Predictions Galen Rupp A 99.1% Percent Favorite The votes are coming in in our $200,012 Brooks Trials Contest and Galen Rupp is a 99.1% favorite to win tonight.
24 Hours Of Amateur Hour At USATF Comes To An End (In Case You Missed LRC Featured On The Homepage Of Deadpsin)
USATF Tie-Breaking Procedures Announced A run-off will break all ties unless BOTH athletes agree to a coinflip. We can't wait to see a run-off in a 10,000m.
Employee #1.1 Editorial: A Rule Still With A Million Loopholes USATF needs a rule that will solve all situations; this one does not.
Getting Ready For Eugene Monday
LRC Preview Of Monday's 800 Meter Finals: America's Best Primed For 800 Showdown The men's 800 final was one of the highlights of the 2008 Trials, as an Oregon Duck thrilled the fans and grabbed a spot. Will history repeat itself in 2012?
Jock rebound? Will Symmonds and KD come through as they almost always do? On the women's side, there is a ton of talent, as the top six seeds in each gender are in the final. Will Maggie Vessey go home? Both races are a must watch in our minds!!!
*Khadevis Robinson Running With A Purpose
LRC Preview Of The 5,000s At The 2012 US Olympic Track & Field Trials Big race! Bernard Lagat or Galen Rupp - who takes it? Rupp is 0 for 12 against Lagat, but could he get lucky number 13 at Hayward Field? The women's 5k features 11 under the soft IAAF standard of 15:20.00 and five more who have run within 5 seconds of it. Who gets through the first round.
LRC Preview Of The Steeplechases At The 2012 US Olympic Track & Field Trials It will be a battle for the final Olympic spots, as after the favorites there is very little separating those with the "A" in both the men's & women's fields. Emma Coburn, Donn Cabral and Evan Jager are pretty much locks for the team. Who will get the remaining spots?
Eugene Saturday *LRC Trials YouTube Channel
LRC The Inside Story Of How Jeneba Tarmoh First Saw The 100m Finish Photo On The LetsRun.com Laptop Roughly 3 Hours After The Race Carmelita Jeter
the 100m, but the story was the battle for the third spot between training partners Jeneba Tarmoh and Allyson Felix. At first,
Tarmoh was announced in third by .001 but then after
the stands had emptied, a dead
heat was announced. We thought we were the only ones not knowing what was going on, until next thing we knew Tarmoh was looking at the finish photo on Wejo's laptop (pic on right).
*Cleveland Plain Dealer Recap Of Felix/Tarmoh Tie With Photo Of Tarmoh Looking At Tie On LetsRun.com Computer Runner-up Tiannna Madison is apparently upset with USATF and skipped the press conference.
*Oregonian Recap Of Felix/Tarmoh Tie
*RR: Coach Bob Kersee: Let's Wait Until After 200 Meters Before Making A Decision Kersee also says he'll have no part in deciding: "It would be like, which kid do you love the most?"
LRC An Exclusive Interview With The Man Responsible For Reading The Allyson Felix 100m Finish Picture LetsRun.com exclusively caught up Roger Jennings, the man whose job it is to determine who finished third and who got fourth, and the timing whiz explained how it was determined there was a dead heat. Plus we do a little bit of research and determine that even though USATF has said there is no protocol for breaking a tie, that the USATF rule book does in fact envision such a scenario and has a solution - a old-fashioned drawing of lots!!!
MB: BREAKING NEWS FELIX TIES FOR 3RD IN REVISED RESULTS??
MB: Exclusive Interview With Man Responsible For Reading Women's 100 Final (Allyson Felix's Race) Finish Image
*Official USATF Press Release
LRC Lolo Jones' Third Place Steals The Show In The Olympic Trials Hurdles Final Lolo turned around her season in 24 hours after a "reality meltdown" following round one. She said, "I woke up today and did not think I would make the team. I was fighting a constant head battle to get through this. I had my sports psychologist on speed dial 1, my pastor on speed dial 2, and my mom on speed dial 3 ..."
Shot Put Stunner: LRC 5-Time World/Olympic Silver Medallist & One-Time World Champ Adam Nelson Misses Final, Gives Emotional Presser And Advice For Us All Nelson may still compete but had great advice for us all: "When you do it the right way and you do it every single day, the hard work pays off time and time again." Full video and recap.
Friday's 10,000m At The Track Trials *LRC Day 1 Photos Gallery *LRC YouTube Channel *Day 1 Photos *Check Prediction Contest Scores *LRC Day-By-Day Coverage
LRC Women's 10,000m Amy Hastings Outkicks Suprising Natosha Rogers And Shalane Flanagan For Redemption This race had no drama for the Olympic spots the final mile but it was full of drama. Lisa Uhl's shoe came untied, Natosha Rogers fell and then got up and in the fourth 10k of her life beat Olympic medallist Shalane Flanagan. The laurel wreath went to Amy Hastings, the
place finisher at the Marathon Trials.
*LRC 10,000m Photos
Bekele Is Back/International News
Kenenisa Bekele Is Back As A Winner - Wins UK/Ethiopian Trials The King (27:02.59) beat his brother Tariku (27:03.24), Gebre Gebremariam (27:03.58), and
Mr. Silver Sileshi
Sihine (27:03.65) in the
battle for the three Olympic spots and declared himself to be ready to defend his Olympic crown. "I hope to show to the world great things. Absolutely I am back, 100 per cent." *MB Discussion Of Race
*Mo Farah Watches As Bekele Returns To Form & As Bekele Says He's Ready To Three-Peat
*Dedication: After Missing 200 "A" By .02, Irish Sprinter Travels 18 Hours Through 4 Countries To Try Again And Misses By .04
*Moscow City Championships: Yekaterina Kostetzkaya Wins 1,500 In 4:04.97; Yelena Kofanova Takes 800 In 1:58.51
Day 1 Trials Photo Gallery
LRC Hammer Time Kicks Off 2012 Olympic Trials Successfully And The First LetsRun.com Hammer Interview Ever With The Guy In The Green T-Shirt Best hammer throw we've ever seen. Plus the exclusive first-ever LetsRun.com hammer interview with the guy (Chris Cralle) who finished second in a plain green T-shirt.
*Kibwe Johnson And Amber Campbell Win Hammer Throws To Kick Off Olympic Trials In Portland
BAA 10k 2012 BAA 10k Results
Geoffrey Mutai Runs 27:29 In Boston, Kim Smith Wins
We think Sam Chelanga still has a good chance to win $100,000 despite being crushed by nearly a minute.
Kenyan Trials *Mid-D/Distance Results
- King David Rudisha Runs 1:42.12 Altitude WR To Put Kenyan Crowd Into A Frenzy King David wasn't the only one to excite the crowd as even bigger cheers went
to Ezekiel Kemboi, who set the crowd afire when he pulled up to eventual steeple winner Brimin Kipruto and seemingly motioned to let him win with 50m to go before re-enacting his famous "Daegu jig" at the finish. Asbel Kiprop barely qualified (3rd) as Olympic champ Nancy Lagat, Linet Masai
and Paul Kipsiele Koech fell by the wayside.
*Kemboi's Dance Gets More Cheers Than Rudisha's Win
*MB: Rudisha's 1:42.12 NEW ALTITUDE WR!!! Brimin Kipruto 8:11 steeplechase and Isaiah Koech 13:09 as well, if this isn't a troll.
*MB: Kiprop 3rd: "It's a good thing that I did not win the Trials since the pressure that comes with it is too much."
- AP Recap: Rudisha, Jelimo And Cheruiyot Win
- Epic Battle In Steeple Will Be One Of Saturday's Highlights 3-time Olympic/world champ Ezekiel Kemboi is only the 6th fastest Kenyan in the world. The defending Olympic champ Brimin Kipruto is #51 in the world.
- Silas Kiplagat Will Treat 1,500 As Olympic Final "I am considering these trials as an Olympic final since you fail here and you live to regret for the next four years."
- Women's 5,000 & Finals Won't Be Bad Either
- Olympic 1,500m Champion Nancy Langat Is Now Healthy But In Battle Against Time To Make Olympic Team
- Day 1: Day 1 Recap - Most Favorites Advance But Leonard Kosencha & Augustine Choge Don't The big news on day 1 was that 17-year-old sensation and world #4 in the 800, Leonard Kosencha, who was suffering from an illness, didn't make the final. Might he get a wild card? 2008 Olympian Boaz Lalang also mis-timed his meals and was a DNF with cramps. Augustine Choge also bombed out of the 5k. *Discuss
- TIA: Kenyan Officials Change Start Time Of 800 And Boaz Lalang Had To Drop Out Because Of Eating His Breakfast Too Early
- David Rudisha Breezes To Finals & Gets Rave Reviews From All In Attendance Leonard Kosencha & Augustine Choge Fail Coach Colm O'Connell was very happy and even his fellow competitors seemingly have raised the white flag, as 2007 world champ Alfred Kirwa Yego said he's "happy being on the track with him" and that it's a "privilege" for Kenya to have Rudisha on their team.
- Pre-Meet: Mutwiri Mutuota's Preview
- Kenyan Olympic Trials Preview: Silas Kiplagat Says The 1,500 Final On Saturday Will Be A "Battle Of Men" Can Kiplagat or Nixon Chepseba challenge Asbel Kiprop? Heats are tomorrow.
Video Of The Day From Saturday (Listen Closely)
LRC Exclusive: Timer Explains The Allyson Felix Tie
Matt Taylor Speaks #2
LRC Redefine Running: Who's In Charge Of "The Sport" (link fixed) Last week Matt Taylor, the guy behind ChasingTradition, ChasingKimbia, ChasingGlory, and an upcoming Usain Bolt video game, told you running was dying. This week he tells you it's thriving. He explains the inconsistency. While the activity of running is thriving, the sport is dead with the mainstream sports fan. In the internet era, diehards get their fix, while Joe Sports-Fan has no idea who Matt Centrowitz is. How do we fix this?